• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got a new legal hunter here.

Started by pitw, December 12, 2009, 09:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

My boy Bob turns 12 today and this allows him to legally hunt here in Alberta.  He can't get his license until Monday[gotta love our government and closed license retailers] but then he can chase a deer for 6 days on a youth license.  Seems like yesterday I was chasing that dambed ambulance :shock2:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

it dont take em long to grow up. mine are 19 now

CCP

golfertrout, Is right don't take long at all. Mine are 21 and 23 and it just seems like yesterday they were jumping on the bed. smearing chocolate on everything, asking why the shy is blue and waking me up in the middle of the night knowing I had to work the next day.

Now when they occasionally call it doesn't matter if they wake me up to ask a silly question. If I could go back in time I might even help them smear a little chocolate on everything just to see those young innocent smiles one more time..

Edit to add

I got caught up in my old memories and forgot to say congrats to Bob. Hope Bob does well this years youth hunt there is nothing like getting your first license to make you feel like one of the men.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Do they have mandatory gun/hunter safety classes up there?
Our kids can hunt at 12 but they are required to have gone through the course and have a certificate.

Boy, can you imagine turning 12 and being able to legally hunt while living somewhere like Canada or Alaska?  :eyebrow:

Here's to ya Bob :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Congrats to Bob!  Like the other fellows said, take photos, and write things down if you get the chance.  You won't regret it, reading it in later years...

My son turned 12 a decade ago.. He had his hunting license, but was not allowed to use it till the day of his birthday (strange State regs?)   Anyway, we went rabbit hunting the day after his birthday, and he got his very first cottontail!  He's a grown man now, but Dad still has the photo ( and the swelling feeling of pride!), of that day so long ago.

Bob, I wish you and you dad a lifetime of memories!  Good luck, and hunt safely!

Dave

msmith

CONGRATS BOB! Lots of memories to be made now.  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

slagmaker

Congratulations Bob!! Many happy days a hunting with your pop and friends.

Luck and safety to you.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Hey guys Bob here,dad still won't let me sign up so I'm using his account to send this reply. In Alberta you have to take the hunter training course and being under 18 I have to take the minor use gun certificate course,luckily I have taken these and thanks for all the birthday wishes,and the suggestions.
Bob

KySongDog

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!  Congrat's to you both!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

weedwalker

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB !! :highclap: Now get out there and kill something  :biggrin:

coyote101

Happy birthday Bob. Good luck with the hunting.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB !!!!!!!!!!!
I look forward to your hunting..........I bet coyotes are on the list as well....... :eyebrow:   :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Happy Birthday & Congratulations Bob!! I look forward to your many stories afield!! I sure would like to see your smiling face in the Youth Contest somewhere too!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Good Luck guiding the fine young man Barry!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Tikaani

Happy Birthday Bob.  It is good to see you enjoy the outdoors.  You are fortunate, you have a good teacher who I am sure has already taught you that there is far more to hunting than just squeezing a trigger.  Again, Happy Birthday and happy days afield.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

5 SHOTS

Happy birthday Bob! I'm thinking a father, son coyote contest might be fun.  :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

pitw

Thanks for the replies again,and you bet coyotes are on the list because I have some calls thanks to you guys. 

Silencer

Happy Birthday Bob, thats awesome you have a new partner Barry.   I can faintly remember my 12th, getting up early grabbing the .410 double and hitting the squirrel woods. 

vvarmitr

:yahoo: Happy Birthday Bob!  :yahoo:

How old you gotta be before you're allowed to be a member here? :shrug:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!