• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cold Morning Coyote

Started by KySongDog, December 16, 2009, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Since gun deer season my deer hunting has been all hunting and no finding.  Same for fall turkey season.  Got skunked on that one too.  All the turkeys I saw during deer season disappeared.  So this morning I thought I'd get back in to coyote hunting again.  

It was 19 degrees, new moon last night, and low wind from the right direction for the place I wanted to hunt so I headed out the door.  On the first set, I put the Minaska about 10 yards down wind to my left.  After a little while I heard this guy running in the crunchy leaves.  He came in from the up wind side parallel to my position, crossed the ridge and disappeared in the thick stuff.  Then, with a little coaxing, turned and came on in.  He stopped about 3 yards or so from the caller.  It was a very difficult 15 yard shot.    :eyebrownod:    Male, weighed 38 pounds.

weedwalker

WTG Semp !! :congrats: :congrats: Congrats on the yote. :yoyo: Were you using the shotgun?

Frogman

Good job Semp!!  Do you still get excited when you get one in front of the gun???

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on December 16, 2009, 04:01:17 PM
WTG Semp !! :congrats: :congrats: Congrats on the yote. :yoyo: Were you using the shotgun?

Yep I took the shotgun.  Sitting on the ground, visibility was probably no more than 25-50 yards (depending on which way you looked).  

Quote from: Frogman on December 16, 2009, 04:30:54 PM
Good job Semp!!  Do you still get excited when you get one in front of the gun???

Jim

Oh YEAH!!!    :yoyo:

KySongDog

Forgot to post the hero shot.

FinsnFur

Beautiful :yoyo:
Appears to have some decent fur too. 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  WTG Semp! Glad ya got out.....I gotta wait a couple weeks yet....   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Scott

Bopeye

YOU DA MAN DAD!!!  :highclap:

I'm happy for you.  :eyebrownod:

What loads were you using in the shotgun to keep the pelt looking that pretty at that close a range?
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyote101

Way to go Semp.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the coyote.  :congrats: :congrats: Love the hat.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Right flipping on :yoyo:.  Good job and a real nice looking coyote to me.
I say what I think not think what I say.

LBLDOG

Congrats Semp on the kill!! I have been a total of 5 times and No luck yet!  That's a good heavy one! :yoyo:

GunDog

Congrats on a good looking yote there dude!  :yoyo:  Your luck was 100% better than mine, I got busted this morning ...  :argh:

Every since I got to be a Rahm field staffer my luck has just been plain sour ...  :eyebrownod: :shrug: :eyebrownod:

Roundman

WTG semp  :highclap: It sure has  nice fur on it.

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Coulter

Nice! Your making it difficult for me now. I have some new coyote haunts that I have been saving, but duck season is rolling to a close pretty quick...do I go duck hunting or predator hunting this weekend :shrug: Congrats on the coyote!

Steve

alscalls

COYOTE!!!  DO it Man!   Either way bring yer camera..... :biggrin:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Tat is a nice looking dog for sure. Congrats on the hunt!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Those Minaska e-callers are da bomb! :thumb2:
:innocentwhistle:

So glad you got out there & got us a story & pix.
Thanks! :biggrin:

JohnP

Congratulations on that nicely furred coyote.  The fur really looks dense, ours never get like that, just long.

The hat looks familiar :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs