• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Gotta love the snow for hunting

Started by linemansteve, December 19, 2009, 04:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linemansteve

Went out this morning for a few hours after a short night of removing trees for the power lines. made three sets and 2 minutes in to the third set this 34 lb. male came sneaking in. I was using my new Foxpro Spitfire caller and it worked real well. I shot him at 20 yards. He came in to coyote pup distress at a low volume and in thick timber. I really like the new caller but it really needs a better speaker. and one with my two grandsons 2 and 6 .
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

John_NY

NIce looking yote. It's good to see young ones taking an interest. Won't be long and all they'll let you do is the calling. Congrats on a nice yote.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

CCP

Great job Steve! :highclap: Wish we would have gotten some of that snow. Also glad to see you gettin the little ones out there. Getting them interested now will bring tons of memories later.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vayotehowler

great job! where are ya for the snow?

HaMeR

Congratulatuions Steve!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  I hope the little ones take a liking to this great sport!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Good looking crew and a dang nice coyote. :highclap:
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

SCcoyotehunter

That coyote don't look like he's missed very many meals. Fat one!

KySongDog

linemansteve

vayotehowler-- S.E. Ky  just off Interstate 75 15 miles from the Tn. line. The coyote has a good color and looked very healthy. I reload for my 243 and this is the first time using the 87 grn hornady varmit bullet and I 've got to say I am impressed with it.  Thanks Steve
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

alscalls

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:  WTG!!  Sounds like a GREAT time!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Quote from: linemansteve on December 19, 2009, 08:41:24 PM
I reload for my 243 and this is the first time using the 87 grn hornady varmit bullet and I 've got to say I am impressed with it.  Thanks Steve

QuoteI shot him at 20 yards.

If'n ya keep callin' 'em in to 20 yards, ya could probably use a sling shot.   :eyebrownod:   

Todd Rahm

Looks like a healthy on there Stve and nice job.

Get them boys infected with the fever so they can soon be sitting next to ya.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Beautiful coloring on that one.
Nice job :yoyo:

Looks like he's got a few feral cats in his gut :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

builderone

Nice looking yote. Congrats.   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Chad

vvarmitr

Good to see ya on the board Steve, especially w/ a story & pix of a dead coyote.  :congrats:

Frogman

Good shooting, Steve!!  Could you give us a more detailed account of your stand??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Roundman

Sure is a fat son of a gun.  WTG    :yoyo:

linemansteve

Frogman, When I left sat morning around 9 -I only had a few hours to hunt because our daughter and son-in law where on their way here with our first granddaughter . I came across two sets of coyote tracks coming out of the pasture my cows are in. I learned too day that my neighbor has two dead cows and they where problem snacking there . The wind was wrong to follow them but by the direction they went I had a good idea of the general area they headed for. I made a large loop around them and made a couple of sets with no results. The snow on the ground and on the trees and bushes made for limited visibility. I worked my way to a area I have called from in the past and set my caller up and moved 20 yards in front and 20 yards down wind from it.  I am still learning about the coyotes and try to read about them and what i can pick up here on the board. I have heard that the coyotes have plenty of food so animal distress sounds don't seem to be all that effective like they are out west. the last coyote I killed came to a coyote fox fight sound. When I ordered the Fox pro I put plenty of coyote sounds plus some distress calls. I was playing coyote pup distress at a low to mid volume about 2 minutes in to the set when I spotted him sneaking along a old haul road. He was moving slow and looking above me when my small window for a shot appeared and it was Bang Flop. I just wanted to wish Everyone on here Very MERRY CHRISTMAS and looking forward to seeing you at LBL.  Thanks Steve

Silencer

Great to hear how you got em, nice coyote, congrats  :yoyo: