• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

tried again today

Started by SCcoyotehunter, December 29, 2009, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I went out for a set today. It was clear and cold about 35 degress. (I know what some of you northern guys are thinking right now, but thats cold for us, alright, leave me alone lol)
I set up in a cow pasture where the farmer had seen 2 coyotes yesterday, a grey one and a dark colored one.
I had the mojo critter set up and backed myself up in some shaded bushes along the fencline, wind dead in my face. I was calling straight up a draw that has pasture on the right side and a subdivision on the left. So there is no way a coyote can circle around without coming into the pasture or straight down the draw. I think its a perfect set up. I started out with the phsyco tweety and then tried the sceery call. I was making some damn good sounds today. I tried pausing for 2-4 minutes between distress sounds. then after i was done I sat quietly for 30 minutes with no sound at all.
No takers, I tried a KeeYee before leaving but nothing.
Today just wasn't the day. I did move up the draw to the top about 250 more yards and set up again before leaving with no results.

FinsnFur

I talked to a buddy on the phone I havent seen in years last night. He says, "you guys getting a coyote or two each time you go out?"

I laughed and said if we did I'd freekin quit going. That'd get real boring. :laf:

On another note, it was 8 below here this morning :biggrin:

I know, I know  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

SCcoyotehunter

See??? I knew you couldn't resist commenting on our weather, at least I can still go fishing w/o having to drill a hole. :whew:

pitw

Quote from: FastenalFishing on December 29, 2009, 06:16:51 PM
See??? I knew you couldn't resist commenting on our weather, at least I can still go fishing w/o having to drill a hole. :whew:

Boy I'm glad I was to busy laughing to post :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.