• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FINALLY

Started by ilcoyote, January 03, 2010, 06:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilcoyote

This season has to be the worst ever after dealing with shitty bullets not droping dogs dead and haveing them to run off. I switch back to 55gr and this morning this male drop right where he was sitting. I have lost 10 dogs and been hunting alone since stan has gotten lazy on me this year.

weedwalker

Congrats on the yote. :congrats: Those runners that you never find sure are a pain in the butt.

CCP

Nice coyote! and glad to see you around. Give ole Stan a swift kick in the butt from me and tell him to get out there and hunt.

You havin trouble with bullets in the 22-250 or a .223 ???
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyote101

Congratulations on the coyote.   :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jeb

I was wondering what happened to you two. Congrats and if ya needing any help let us know.  :biggrin:
Ive always wondered how yall howl them in.                                 
                                            Jeb

FinsnFur

Stan lazy?
Give him a swift kick for me too. :yoyo:
I was wondering if you were even still hunting. Wounding dogs and not posting about it....yeah maybe thats a good thing. :laf:

By the way, if you'd wear the awesome hat a little more often you'd probably have better luck, instead of putting it on for your FnF pictures. :sneer:
The thing looks like it just came out of your coat pocket. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

SCcoyotehunter

sounds like you've got it down though. Keep shooting at em.

ilcoyote

Rich shooting a 22-250. My reloading guy thinks the bullets were exploding upon impact. Switch back to 55gr. The weather has been unreal with all the rain and wind and this year the deer hunters have screwed things up.  Jim that hat stays in the truck and I do wear it out hunting.  I was about too switch it out for the other hat if I lost another dog but that didnt happen. My boy Braden has shot two with my rifle and we lost them too. Did find one of them couple of weeks later about 1/2 mile away dead.

Okanagan

Years ago an acquaintance was using light super fast expanding bullets in his .22-250 for coyotes.  I think they were early Hornady 52 grain (?) X bullets or something like that.   Anyway on a dawn patrol for coyotes he came across a bull moose in the lane to his ranch house.  He stepped out and belted the bull in the neck at a range of 30 feet or so with his .22-250 as moose season was open and he had a tag in his pocket.  

There was an explosion of what looked like dark dust.  The moose shook his head and trotted into the timber.  Moose hair was all over the road and he had a bare patch on his neck.  Not a drop of blood in the snow.  

Evidently the bullet totally expanded and disintegrated in the thick heavy mane of coarse long hair on the moose's neck and never made it to the hide.   Maybe he froze to death, but it would have been a long tracking job.  :iroll:

I'm curious which bullet you were using on the runners, but you don't need to say if you don't want to.  

ilcoyote

hornady vmax 45 or 52 pushing 3700

pitw

I've loaded Calhoun double hollow points up to that speed that disintegrated before the got to paper :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

I had the same trouble with 40 gr Bergers from a .223  Man that'll get you mad  :mad3:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

vvarmitr

Way to go Ilc'e! :yahoo:
Sure good to see ya. ;yes;

That suxs about losing the coyotes.

I've used 52gr A-Max in my 22-250 & the Swift w/ great results on g-hogs, but can't say for sure how fur friendly they would be. :innocentwhistle:  But lawdy are they accurate! :wink:

slagmaker

Congrats on the dog that finally stayed put!!

I like the 55gr out of my 22-250. not actually seen the preformance on anything but some wet phone books and a galloon jug filled with soybeans and water. Make it explode perty good.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Nice looking yote!  Way to go!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Load you some 55 grain Blitz King bullets by Sierra, and I predict you'll see a decline in the coyotes that you hit solid running away.  The Blitz King bullets are pure poison all the way through their product line.  My grandson, Josh, was having lots of trouble with runners when shooting a 32 grain bullet at high speed in his Savage Predator 204.  I loaded him some of the 39 grain Blitz Kings and he has killed over 20 since then with no runners.  The 70 grain Blitz King is bad news for coyotes in the .243 as well.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyotehunter_1

ilcoyote, it's good to see you're still after them.   :biggrin:

:congrats: on the bang flop  :highclap:

Tell Stan the man to get off that ol' couch... there's coyotes to be called :wink:

Chet 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Jimmie in Ky

I have had the same trouble with lighter bullets in the 22-250. All I use now is 55 grains in it. Don't matter the flavor so much as having the weight.  

And glad to see your posting too. Tell Stan to get off his duff and get that rock out. Jimmie

JohnP

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on January 04, 2010, 07:35:54 PM
I have had the same trouble with lighter bullets in the 22-250. All I use now is 55 grains in it. Don't matter the flavor so much as having the weight.  

My thoughts also.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs