• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A GHILLIE SUIT

Started by topdawg, January 18, 2010, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

this was my first attempt at making a ghillie suit...It has taken me 4 days to finish .....i will try to have some pics on stand with it tomorrow
front

back

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

weedwalker

I thought it was a poison ivy scarecrow. :roflmao:

Actually looks like you did a great job on it Jeremy. :yoyo:

topdawg

thanks i started with a leafy suit base layer ...the next one im going to make will be netting and a ton of jute string
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

A damn good job, but how the "L" did ya do it?

Ya know whats always kept me from buying one of them? I keep thinking all those dang rags hanging in my face would just fall into place (the wrong place) when trying to look through the scope.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

i just cut them out of my face that way nothing hurts my vision

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

topdawg

about like a pair of jeans and a shirt .....its prety light

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

vayotehowler

starter one my self and the jute tying and all was a hassle. i cut a ton of it and jsut never finished, I used 1x1 in netting and wouldnt hold a lot of jute there are some links on diy , use a volleball net if doing it

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Nice looking ghillie.  Have you tried going over a barb wire fence while wearing it?  I got one as part of a retirement gift a few years back, still wrapped up and in a closet.  Hard for me to wear one out here, most every bush has thorns and big ole stickers on them, would be shredded in no time.  Some guys wear them but carry them to their stand and then put them on. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

topdawg

i try to watch out for fences and flames........both would be bad lol

Bopeye

That really looks good Topdawg. I'd like to hear or see a "How-to" on that one. I've never been much of a fan of ghillie's, but there is no denying they work. I'd wear one if they are no heavier than you say.

Very NICE!!  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

topdawg

my is light, but it dont have as much of the burlap jute string on it as a regular ghillie does...a regular ghillie has a ton of jute string, but the ones i hve put on still aint all the heavy

Palegroe

topdawg when you are ready to do that "How-To" for everyone Bopeye sugested I'll go pick up a new suit at Unc's and you can get started on it.  Fresh you know so everyone can see how it looks from start to finish.  :biggrin:
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

slagmaker

Nice very nice.

How much room ya got for putting it on over a coat or something like that?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Silencer

great job, would like to see some photo's when you hunt with it. 

Frogman

I like it!!  I have thought about making one of those myself.  Looks like you did a good job!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!