• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I had just sighned on to FnF

Started by slagmaker, January 31, 2010, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

I had jsut finished up a bowl of Lucky charms and was sitting down to do some surfing of this information dirt road thingy when my daughter looked out the back door. Kara said, hey dad theres a dog in the back yard. I said really whos is it? Wait its not a dog dad its a coyote :eyebrow:. So what am I to do. Grab the rilfe from the case beside the couch and load a shell into it and out the back door I go. Dressed in my sleeping pants and thats it. We had seen it move to the other side of the barn so sneeking up beside the barn I see him about 60 yards away he had just killed one of my squirrells and was jsut playing with him a bit when my 22-250 put the kybosh on him. He gave a real good spin and yellp and went down.  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:. Standing there in the snow in my bare feet was not doing much for my cold so I head back inside to get another shell and some shoes and warmer clothing. Hey it was 22*F when I hit the door. Grab my shoes and coat and off I go to birng him in. I get back out there and he isnt laying where I shot him. The squirell is there but he isnt. Got spurted blood all over the place so I know I hit him good. OK we got a blood trail so lets start tracking. I look down at my camp site and I see him about 30 yards away. He's hobbling pretty bad, he see's me and tries a littel harder but to no good as the extra effort makes him stummble. Down he goes and he aint moving very well but hes still breathign so I put another shell into him to seal the deal and then get my heart rate under control. It is Young male. Nice coat. Drag him back to the house for pictures and stuff.  We take some pics and hero shots.

So here is the hero shot after I got him back to the house.

My first coyote, Might not have been called in and I may not have been out hunting him but hes mine and hes gona look good on the wall or on the back of the bike.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

Uh, nice jamo's ya have ther Slaggy.  :innocentwhistle:  They match the coyote.  :biggrin:

Waxing a coyote over a bowl of Lucky Charms, man what dream.  :nono: Nice job there.  :congrats:

nor-cal yote

It didn't cost any gas money either, congrats
never yell whoa in a horse race

iahntr

It's funny how many different versions of camo ya see on the net.  :eyebrownod:
Congrats Slag !  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Scott

Silencer

:yoyo: awesome Slag, congrats !!!!    :thumb2:

Bills Custom Calls

Nice job all the way around

Tell Kara nice job on the spotting  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Frosted Lucky Charms......their magically delicious!

You never know what a bowl of Lucky Charms is gonna bring Slag :laf: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

That sure is a lot cheaper than driving down to the LBL.   :laf:

Coulter

Dang it...guess I'll have to start eating Lucky Charms now. So Slag are you like the Lucky Charm Pro-Staffer? :roflmao:

Way to go man :yoyo:

alscalls

WTG! Slag!!!!!!      :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Ya coulda put a shirt on at least!  :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

Shoot Al, he didn't have time to get dressed. There was some kill'n that needed to be done.

But if he ditched the jacket and put on a turban, he would look like the guy that comes out of that magic lamp of yours.  :biggrin:

CCP

WTG Slag!!  :highclap:

I can see General Mills calling you soon for the Lucky Charm ads.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

There's another "good" coyote!!  :biggrin: :yoyo: :yoyo:

:roflmao: :roflmao: @ CCP!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

slagmaker

That is how I looked after draggin him back to the house. Didnt take time to get dressed just had to get the job done.

Kara said we had to name the coyote. So after some thought we came up with what else "Lucky".

While I was getting into position to do the deed he was a killing one of my squirells and Kara got to see the whole thing. Aint too may people get to see a coytoe make a kill. I have seen Hawks and owls swoop in and make a kill But i have never seen a coyote do it. It made here mad cause he killed one of our older squirells that hangs out at the camp site. We feed them so we can watch them through the spotting scope. This momma squirell was the matriarch of the area and very chubby. Well now shes dead and I am goan eat her. Turn her into a stew later this week.

Last night I heard at least 3 diffrent packs near the house. Guess this yearling must have been awfully hungary to be standing in the yard at 11 in the morning looking for squirells.

Nice CCP Kara liked it as well
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

msmith

Quote from: alscalls on January 31, 2010, 02:11:13 PM
WTG! Slag!!!!!!      :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Ya coulda put a shirt on at least!  :laf: :laf:

Least he had his...well, he was covered Al.  :hahaha:

Nice job slag. Put him on the wall.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

HuntnCarve

Great job Slag!  Now you have to try and work your way up to a "Wheaties" box. -I'm sure CCP can help you there.  That was great Rich.  Both the wife and I got a laugh out of it. :congrats:

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

golfertrout

Frogman

WTG slag....!!  Good shooting in your bare feet in thw snow no less !!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!