• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got Lucky At LBL This Morning !!

Started by JDMiller, February 12, 2010, 01:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMiller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second set-up this morning at LBL....was on top of a ridge line between two fields. To my back was one field and downhill through the woods I was overlooking a steep draw / drainage that went to a field below.

Probably had'nt been set-up for 10 minutes... second series of calls.. two yotes came in on the same level I was..to my right. First yote of the pair made a beeline in on my decoy. The second had started to circle downwind. I settled the crosshairs on the closest yotes chest at about 65yds... 22-250 barked...was all she wrote. I chambered another round and tried to turn get on the other one but no luck. That yote was already in 5th gear.

I toted him back to the field for a pic. Not a good one... trying to play with the timer and get into the shot. The yote was a male... really dark fur... From the top of his tail all down his back was almost all black.

Oh... yeah... we got plenty of snow still on the ground. LBL got about 5 1/2 inches on the ground on the Monday night after the F&F LBL Hunt. 

HaMeR

Cool deal!!  :yoyo:  That is a nice lookin dog too!! Much darker than the ones that  were brought in at the LBL. Congrats!!  :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Good job on the coyote.  I now know how hard it is there so feel proud you deserve too. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Roundman

Did he have any "T" shot under his hide?  :wo:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hawks Feather

They all think they are safe now that the LBL hunt is over.  I guess they are wrong.  Nice shot.

Jerry

Huntinfool

Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

Raven42

Rock on man! :yoyo: Good shooting. Keep it up.

Raven
Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. (Fred Bear)

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

kcb346

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and thats why it's called the present.

coyote101

Way to go.  :yoyo: :yoyo: I like the color on that one.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

WldWldWest

You doin sumthin right Them LBL Doggies dont give it up easy!!!

Good Job!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Nice one, JD!!   :congrats:

Were you using hand calls or your Spitfire?

JDMiller

Quote from: Semp on February 12, 2010, 09:26:30 PM
Were you using hand calls or your Spitfire?

Semp.... I got a little late start this morning....my first stand was around 7:15 . I used a hand call to break things up a little... no takers but admit I did'nt like the set-up . Completly moved  about 1/4 mile down the road for my second set-up... used the Spitfire to call this pair in. I was running DSG Cottontail for about minute .... giving a few minutes break....then switching to Rabbit Duet. I had'nt even muted the caller yet.... the first yote just ran in towards it.

I had used this combination last Sunday afternoon in 7.... but could'nt get on the yote for a shot.

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

buckcrazy

SCcoyotehunter

great shooting, at least you know there's another one out there to hunt for next time.

JohnP

Nice looking coyote, I gotta get one of those dark ones before I have to quit hunting. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs