• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Friday Morning Stand

Started by Yotehntr, February 12, 2010, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Went out this morning with Bobby, did a few stands in the woods, with all the rain it was a marsh so we came out to the fields and spotted 2 coyotes at about 500yds. We ducked back in the woods and he started calling on a field grade call he got from me a couple months ago.  After doing a cadence he said "Brad there's 3 coming"  I looked and sure enough....then "Brad....there's 5 coming in" !!! I've never had this many come from an open field before! On the way in about 250 yds out 2 split off and headed down wind. At I'm guessing a little over 100yds the 3rd one caught our scent....when you've seen it happen before it's unmistakable, he put the after burners on and I told Bobby to shoot. As soon as he pulled the trigger I did too and saw mine drop.  We took a couple shots at the other runner but didn't get him. My date was messed up on my camera  :doh2:  it's fixed now. I drew some red lines to show their paths. I had trouble with my camera and drug him to the edge of the field to get some fresh battery's.  If you see the little indention in front of the red lines it's a small creek I shot him just before he crossed.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

WldWldWest

You Da Man Yotehntr!!! :bowingsmilie: I just wish you would quit sneaking off when I'm at work!

Good shootin!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

linemansteve

Way to go Yotehntr  :highclap: :highclap: Those are some nice looking calls laying on that coyote :innocentwhistle:. I enjoyed talking with you and WildWildWest at the LBL. Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

Nice looking coyotes. Congrats.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Huntinfool

Good deal!!  :yoyo:  :congrats:  :yoyo:  :congrats:  :yoyo:  :congrats:

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

HaMeR

Nice lookin coyote Brad!! Congrats!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Raven42

Nice looking yote there. Congrats.

Raven
Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. (Fred Bear)

pitw

Field grade eh :doh2:.  Good job on the coyote Brad and I'm sure you had more than five coming :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Way to go Brad!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Nice looking coyote.  :highclap: :highclap: Say hello to Bobby.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! That was the 1st kill over Bobby's calling...needless to say he was pretty pumped about it... actually rubbed it in a little,  said to beat his calling I'll have to call 6 in on 1 stand!  :laf:   

Ech Hunter

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Yotehntr

It's a Rock River Arms, Predator pursuit....have to say I really like it....I'd like it better if it weighed less but I deal with it.  :laf:   (old, fat, and lazy)

weedwalker

WTG Brad !!!  :congrats: :congrats: Nice coyote and good shootin'.  :yoyo:

KySongDog

golfertrout

good job Brad :yoyo:     hey there is one of those guys uglier then me

HaMeR

Quote from: golfertrout on February 13, 2010, 08:00:38 AM
     hey there is one of those guys uglier then me

:nofgr:  Now you're gonna make WWW Doug mad atcha for sayin that Dave!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!
Your doing a pretty good job of acting like he's not heavy and tough to hold up like that too. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

Quote from: HaMeR on February 13, 2010, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: golfertrout on February 13, 2010, 08:00:38 AM
     hey there is one of those guys uglier then me

:nofgr:  Now you're gonna make WWW Doug mad atcha for sayin that Dave!!  :laf: :laf:

I never said he was pretty HaMeR! He's just fat enough to keep ya warm! :eyebrownod:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!