• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

another coyote

Started by golfertrout, February 14, 2010, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfertrout

went out hunting with a buddie Wednesday and never had any luck and we had just finished a set and a buddie calls and said he just seen a coyote at his farm, so the next day i go out to Brians and a couple other guys wanted to watch so we go out and i set the fox pro in a tree about 180 yards away and go back to the building. the building is a good hang out spot where you can get a long shot if your in the right spot. Brian has killed several deer out side of the building. Brian lost both his legs in an industrial accident and he has artificial legs but he gets around pretty good. So here we are sitting in the building and Brian tells me where him and Larry had seen the coyote and he tells me it came right down his driveway and went in the bottom and across the field but they could not get a shot at it the day before. well we sit in there for a bit and its getting close to dark and Brians wife comes down to drop off some tacos so we cant start calling till she gets out of there and then Jimmy says he has to go put some wood in his stove, jimmy lives 300 yards from the building, so he gets his stuff done and he comes back over. i started out with some rabbit in distress and nothing and then i see some deer crossing where Brian said the coyote crossed, they was just milling around and was heading over towards the call and it was close to dark by then so i go outside and give a few howls and then go inside where its nice and warm, and then i started to play fawn in distress for a few minutes and then the deer was close to the call and then i hit the fawn distress again and Brian says Hey there he is and he is on the same path as the deer were and he was in the hunt mode. Larry was the one that wanted to shot him so he has the 220 swift on the wood pile and bang Dead coyote and then there are high fives all around. coyotes are smart and  sometimes it takes 4 guys to kill one :roflmao:

view of the driveway

the four coyote killers :roflmao:

Larry    

the building and Jimmys house

Brian

Huntinfool

Good deal thanks for the story and the pics!

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

pitw

Great story Dave and thanks for sharing :yoyo:.  I can see why you'd have a log splitter there. :whew: 
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

kyfuzzyface

Thanks for the Story Dave and Congrats to Larry on the Yote  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

That's purdy cool Dave!! Looks like a bunch of good fellas you're hanging out with there!! Bring em along next year.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Been wandering when ya was going to post it....... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Ech Hunter

Silencer

good job puttin the smack on em  :yoyo: 

JohnP

Great story Dave, killing coyotes while having a taco. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

First Lucky charms and now Tacos :eyebrow:. Maybe we need to be talking to the Swedish Chef to see what he suggests for using on stand :biggrin: :roflmao:.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.