• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Two Legged Coyote

Started by KySongDog, February 16, 2010, 08:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

This is pretty hard to believe.  Posted on the KY hunting site.  These guys killed a two legged coyote.

golfertrout

wow  wonder if they shot it or if they run it down and clubbed it to death :roflmao:

Hidehunter

Poor guy, he needed put out of his misery.
Denver                                           

pitw

That there just show's the toughness of the coyote  :wink:.  They are truly an amazing animal that can take more than most to make them have a really bad day.  Thanks for sharing that Semp.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Wow!  That's really something.  I've seen several three legged coyotes in my years and three bobtailed ones, but that's the only two legged survivor I've ever heard of.  Makes a man wonder how it happened, front and back legs on opposite sides.  It would have been interesting to see how he moved and walked.  They are tough survivors.  Yes, thanks for posting it.

Hawks Feather

Semp,

Do you know what they call that coyote if it is a female?

Eileen

Do you know what they call a coyote with no legs?

Matt

Do you know what they call a coyote with no legs that gets thrown in a swimming pool?

Bob

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I couldn't resist.
Jerry

Silencer

I'd like to see how it got around like that.  A couple springs ago turkey hunting we had a 1 legged hen come in with the gobbler and i got to laughin so hard I spooked em both  :laf:

Huntinfool

Hum, reckon he could've chewed his own legs off if caught in traps! Now even if that was the case makes ya wonder if he got caught twice or caught once with two different traps ... Or if he's dislexic he might've chewed the wrong leg off and said "Oh crap now I got to chew this one off too!" LOL!  :roflmao: :biggrin: :yoyo: :eyebrownod:

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

alscalls

Quote from: golfertrout on February 16, 2010, 08:19:11 AM
wow  wonder if they shot it or if they run it down and clubbed it to death :roflmao:

Well I did hear a rumor that Dave shot 4 times while he was down there...... :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I expected to see a picture of my exwife when I opened this thread. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

I have seen a couple of animals that managed to catch a bullet in two legs. They were done with 22 lr though. Iimagine a hunter got off what he thought was a good shot and just left it to die. Back leg looks like it is just now healing up good.

Ky law does not allow traps to be set that close to one another. And nearly all I know who trap use stakes instead of drags. They don't want to spend excess time searching for missing animals. And with that much excess chain to play with a coyote can power out of a trap. Jimmie

Todd Rahm

The odds would say, hit by motor vehicle  and lucky enough to survive.  :wo:

Or they do lucky coyote feet down there instead of rabbit feet, and harvest as they need them?  :sneer:

Okanagan

In farming country some summer pups (and fawns) in hayfields get legs cut off in hay mowing operations.  The opposite side legs missing on this one would probably make a bullet more likely.  

Also I've seen adult coyotes follow right behind the cutter bar when a farmer is cutting hay.  The coyote has learned to catch mice suddenly exposed by the cutting and will trot along within 8-10 feet of the man on the tractor.   I suppose there is some chance of one getting cut that way if he was ignorant enough to jump ahead of the cutter bar.  

The 2 legged coyote in the photo looks like it was not thriving but surviving.  

JohnP

Heck a two legged coyote is anything new - we got hundreds of them out here on the border. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Jimmie in Ky

Yep , ya do John. But the only thing you can make outta their hides is lampshades and gloves  :biggrin: Jimmie

dog dropper

We have alot of coyotes around here with only 3 ;egs, but none that i've seen with only 2. thanks for sharing Semp.  :biggrin:
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!