Not trying to SPAM you guys are talk you into anything but want to share something with you that I believe will be very helpful to coyote hunting in the future.
As we have all seen coyote hunting has become the largest growing hunting sport in the world. The coyote population has exploded and the coyote hunters have exploded in numbers. Seems there are 1,000 new coyote hunters a day.
With this influx of interest we have seen many try and cash in on it from calls, DVD’s, clubs and contest. It seems a lot of people are going in all these different directions and the leaders of the pack or in the direction of the money.
One of the largest growing things lately are the introduction of clubs and organizations claiming they want to help coyote hunters . They self appoint themselves and play hide and seek with the money. They want club dues and in return you can hunt in their contest. No clear direction and no real help to coyote hunters other than lining their pockets.
Most of these clubs only want to create membership and to do that they only promote contest. These contests create more money which pulls in more members and sponsors. The only time they do anything for the coyote hunting community is when they have an agenda that fits into this. Mostly pushing for night hunting where ever they pop up so they can add more contest and members. We as coyote hunter need more than contest. We need real coyote hunters fighting for all coyote hunters and getting everyone’s side discussed not just the ones with one-sided agendas.
I get tired of it and have been searching for a group to be a part of that will promote coyote hunting in a good light and actually has the backing to get things done. A group that promotes fund raisers to help others and to help hunters keep their heritage and not let coyote hunting be lead in the way of the deer hunting.
A lot of you have heard of Safari International? For those that haven’t one branch of SCI has spent $140 million since 2000 protecting the freedom to hunt through policy advocacy, litigation and education for federal and state legislators to ensure hunting is protected for future generations.
Another branch has provided $47 million since 2000 to conservation, wildlife education, and humanitarian programs around the world. Growth of SCIF has continued to gain momentum through charitable donations from SCI members and direct grants from local chapters and the SCI organization.
Fortunately a well known and respected coyote hunter that was previously involved in SCI contacted them and has taken the steps to procure a coyote hunting chapter of SCI. It is IPCSCI. (International Predator Callers Safari Club International.)
Here is a link to the new website.http://ipcsci.org/
I am proud to be a part of this and the Steering committee. Here is a list of the steering committee you will find some of the best proponents of the coyote hunting industry.
1. Richard Baxter....... Eastern Coyote Forum, videographer
2. Gerry Blair............ World famous author, videographer, columnist, philosopher,etc. etc.
3. Murry Burnham....... World famous hunter, caller, call maker, videographer, predator calling pioneer
4. Mike Burris........... World Coyote Calling Contest promoter (AZ.) ATA Vice-President, Arizona Predator Callers President
5. Steve Craig.......... The Lion King, SW Furharvestors co-founder, predator guide, trapper
6. Les Johnson........ No room for Les' bio ...click on http://www.predatorquest.com/
7. Ronnie Robison.... 2005 FoxPro Sportsman of the Year, Prostaff Predator Sniper Styx, Lohman GoldStaff 21 years
8. Mory Tait ........... Two time World Predator Calling Champion 1966, 1967
9. Dr. Frank Turkowski.. Research Biologist, Author, WS trapper, predator caller
10. Mark Zepp........... Producer and videographer of some of the best predator DVDs made.
This is a proposed chapter of Safari Club International that shows real promise and can be checked out here...http://ipcsci.org/forum/index.php?sid=1109...e23ea7c143029b8