• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got a little excited today!!!!

Started by SCcoyotehunter, February 19, 2010, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I went out for a few stands this morning. It was getting to be about 10am and I decided to make one more stand. I have been battling the flu and just could not stay at home. Because of this I totally exhausted myself today. But, I got to go coyote hunting.
I went to the dairy farm, it has been several weeks since I've hunted this place. I found a nice little secluded field surrounded by woods. I set up here.

I started out with some kitten distress on my digital caller. It wasn't long right in front of me about 85 yds in the woods I can see coyotes running back and forth everywhere. I swear there was at least 5 of them. I just new it was going to happen. Everything was perfect. Wind was in my face, I was hid good. What happened??? I stayed for 45 minutes. After seeing them andthinking they were not coming I tried some squeeking. Sat quietly for a while before leaving. They had to have busted me somehow. I had the shotgun today. They were moving so fast I don't know if I had the rifle if it would have helped or not. None of them ever stopped.

The red indicates where I saw the coyotes, purple is the caller and decoy, and blue is where i was positioned.

Hawks Feather

You were able to get out and that is always a good thing.  Next time they may cooperate a little more and you will get one.

Jerry

HaMeR

Glad you got out.

Is there anyway you coulda snuck into that little clump of trees or whatever that is & just done some hand calling??
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

If we killed one every stand of every trip it would eventually suck :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 19, 2010, 04:37:15 PM
If we killed one every stand of every trip it would eventually suck :eyebrownod:

Yeah, what ever :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Excitement will flush the bugs out of your system!  Good on you for getting out. 

Strap a remote controlled IED to one of those trees at the other end of the meadow before you start calling next time.   :eyebrow:

alscalls

Quote from: pitw on February 19, 2010, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: FinsnFur on February 19, 2010, 04:37:15 PM

Yeah, what ever :innocentwhistle:

You still aint caught up with your new hunter...... :nono:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

SCcoyotehunter

I did get out, but I'm paying for tonight. Fever 101.4. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Gonna have to get my strength back before trying that again.
But, I did see some coyotes!!!!!
That's all that matters anyway, right???

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Quote from: SCcoyotehunter on February 19, 2010, 08:27:48 PM
I did get out, but I'm paying for tonight. Fever 101.4. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Gonna have to get my strength back before trying that again.
But, I did see some coyotes!!!!!
That's all that matters anyway, right???

What Matters: (in descending order of importance)

1.  Getting out to hunt (time spent in the woods or field)

2.  Seeing game (even if it's not what one is hunting)

3.  Everything else

Good Hunting and keep after 'em.   :yoyo: