• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Skipped work on Friday

Started by nor-cal yote, March 08, 2010, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Skipped work on Friday to go pig hunting with some guys I work with, after we set up camp we walked about 60 yards down the road and spotted a pig across the drainage. My buddie Tom was the only one with a scoped rifle(270), me and mark had lever actions, Mark had a 30-30 and I had my .454. I pulled out the range finder 311 yards. Tom shot the pig started running up hill and made a complete circle heading back down hill. He fired again and the pig nose dived into the creek and tumbled down about 40 yards.
Heres the first hero shot.

This is Mark (blue shirt) and Tom bringing the pig up out of the creek.

Another Hero shot before we headed down to look at it.

And another hero shot.

never yell whoa in a horse race

HuntnCarve

Looks like you fellas made the best of the day.  Way to go!

nor-cal yote

It sure beets running chainsaw in the rain, the land owner told us to shoot all the pigs we saw, but we only seen this one.

FinsnFur

Wow, I can say I've never seen landscape that was THAT picturesque. That is really cool. In fact at first I though it was all photo shopped with a Jack and the Bean Stalk type of theme. That is so cool :congrats:

Congrats on the hog. Thats a much more productive day then being at work :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Thanks for taking me along  :bowingsmilie:.  Haven't seen country like that before either.  You curing the hams and bacon's?
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Sounds like a GREAT time!!!!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Whats with all the green stuff?  :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

That is nice looking scenery.   Is that Northern California?   I didn't know they had hog problems there.  For hogs I usually think of the southern states. 

Looks like y'all had a great time!   :congrats:

nor-cal yote

pitw, no we are not curing curing the hams, Tom had it all cut up by the time I showered and got to his house, but we would like to on the next one.

Semp, yes this is northern CA. it was just south of lake Sonoma, the costal range there was even some redwood trees in the drainages, under some of the oak trees it looked liked it had been rototilled, the pigs just tore it up.

Hawks Feather

I have never hunted pigs but posts like this make me more and more interested.

Jerry

KySongDog

I killed one with a bow several years ago.  Its pretty exciting to see and hear the dogs get one cornered.  Try it, Jerry, I bet you'll like it.   ;yes;

ThomasFields60

You got that right propainter!
If its Black, gray, red, or brown............ it's down! I don't discriminate.

GunDog

Great pictures and story nor-cal! Fine shooting on your friends part too. I know if that porker would have made it over the hill there in the top photo he would have had to stay! Beautiful country your hunting in there dude!  :yoyo:

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 08, 2010, 08:45:25 PM
Wow, I can say I've never seen landscape that was THAT picturesque. That is really cool. In fact at first I though it was all photo shopped with a Jack and the Bean Stalk type of theme. That is so cool :congrats:

Some of that California coastal range is so pretty it makes your eyes hurt.  Nor-Cal is a fortunate man.   Soft curves of grassy hills/mountains with live oaks and some evergreens and some kind of brush patches (manzanita?  mahogany?) with pretty creeks and little rivers running through.  Drop dead gorgeous.  An artist in Solvang made his fortune painting nothing but those hills in different kinds of light, especially low sun angle perspectives with the oaks making shadows on those sensuous curved green hills.  I can't remember his name but can spot his paintings instantly.  Wish I'd bought one of his that I almost did when I was young and poor and he was an unknown.  I loved his stuff and it is super pricey now.  There's a reason why a gazillion people moved to California...

clynn