• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A near perfect morning ....

Started by GunDog, March 16, 2010, 09:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunDog

Where to begin ... you know when ya first wake up in the morning ... with a [thing you wanna use on a woman]  :eyebrow: Your laying there next to her thinking of all the "things ya think" with your sweet beautiful bride of 28 years laying next to you and almost naked ... then ya think you need to hurry up and jump out of bed (without disturbing her) and go take a whiz ... because it's gonna be daylight soon? WELL - That's how it all started today.

Lucky for her I thought ... I made it to the coyote woods right on time. The wind was from the south (good for a change) so I setup looking east with just a light cross wind. I'd placed my caller and decoy about seventy five yards out in front of me and made me a nest in a brush pile to stay out of sight.  I snapped this one while I was waiting ...

I started this stand off with a few pup distress calls ... then set quietly for a while. Took time to snap this pic ... man I love this time of the day!

I then proceeded to some light bunny blues for a minute or two and spotted movement! It was whatever makes these?

That joker somehow came from the timber to my right across about seventy five yards of cut over and brush piles to give me nothing but a short glimpse at him! He went out the same way he come in ... and used this little drainage ditch to do it in.

If you look at the picture above I was sitting in my man made nest in the side of the brush pile at the top left corner of the pic. This last picture is a little closer shot of my - near perfect morning gone south.

The coyote walked up this ditch all the way to the sticks you see sticking out there in the bank. From there he had full view of the call and decoy without giving his self up. That joker was pretty slick this morning. Making his way across all that open area using the low areas to do it in. All in all it was a beautiful morning to be out ... But ... I wished I'd waited and been a little late getting there ....  :biggrin:

pitw

Thanks for taking me out Gundog :bowingsmilie:.  Living in open terrain I can attest to the wiley coyotes use of terrain to get where they are going without being seen when they want too.  Looks a mite soggy where you are.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Happens out here also.  I can spot a coyote a couple of hundred yards away, then he dips into a dry wash and you don't see him again until he pops up five yards in front of ya, sees/hears/smells ya and he's back into the wash.  Frustrating at the least. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

golfertrout

i would like to get a glimse of one again,  :yoyo:  been to long :wink:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

love the morning hunts as well, gonna get out again tomorrow at daylight.

FozzyBear

Know wat you mean. Do the moren thing every chance I get. But I hear that litte yep yep All to often. :madd: And then you know you are busted.  :doh2: All you can do is packup and go sune were else. :wo:
Quote from: Silencer on March 16, 2010, 07:27:27 PM
love the morning hunts as well,