• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another great weekend! #5 for the year!

Started by Teamroper, March 20, 2010, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

Another great day of hunting. I want to personally thank Thomas Fields and Jake Willcut for inviting me to hunt with them today. We walked back in 1/2 mile for our first stand of the day and managed to call this male in on the five minute mark to a distance of 40 yds. Due to a "technicality" no one was able to connect at that time. When he figured the gig was up he trotted away but stopped at 220 yds from me at the top of a knoll. I got lucky and he didn't. The ki-yi did the trick.
He had a great pelt and was rather hefty. I am planning on doing "something" with him but I am not sure what. There was no damage to the pelt at all. Both of the boys got a rush as he came running in that soonand that close. I think they're hooked! We did three more stands but with no luck. Again, I want to thank both of these excellent hunters. Everybody knows how hard it is to hunt in groups of three, but these guys were great and it paid off. Not to mention that they carried the coyote all the way back to the truck for this old man. My hat goes off to them and may we have some more hunts coming. See ya in the woods.

Just sent this male off to the taxidermist. He weighed 38 lbs.

PS- I want to thank CoyoteRich from Tn. for the hunting tip. It worked like a charm.  :wink:

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

JohnP

" I am planning on doing "something" with him but I am not sure what."  Got a Korean Restaurant close by :rolleye:

Nice looking coyote and your right about three guys on a stand.  Probably an optical illusion but he sure looks lighter in the first picture than he does in the second.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Good job on the coyote and I agree three is fun to hunt with :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

CCP

THANKS for sharing and you are right it is hard with 3 people on stand and was very fortunate to have some great guys along. They were fortunate to have you along also and appreciate their good hunting skills with a group.

Once again thanks for sharing a good job on the shot.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

GunDog

Congrats all the way around, well done  :congrats:

wked

ThomasFields60

Just want to thank  teamroper for helping a couple a new guys enjoy a great day of hunting. Jake and I both learned alot from the veteran coyote hunter. Teamroper your welcome anytime at our neck of the woods.
If its Black, gray, red, or brown............ it's down! I don't discriminate.

Palegroe

Thanks for the story and pics we loves pics and good readin!  Congrats on the yote score for the home team!
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

Yotehntr

Sounds like ya'll had a blast!  :yoyo:  Congrats!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Teamroper

We had a great day, but I am a little worried. When these guys get the hang of it, every coyote in a 50 miles radius better be on the lookout. These guys are gonna be good. They learn REAL quick. :wink: See ya in the woods (or maybe next weekend)! :yoyo:
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper