• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

bacon wrapped applewood smoked chukar breasts

Started by bigben, March 27, 2010, 05:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

A friend had some birds he needed to use up at a local game preserve.  lets say today was pretty fruitful

I wanted to smoke these and had a few ideas on how I wanted to cook em but decided to go with simple yet dang tasty.  I took the breasts and stripped em off into chuckar tenders and then dusted them with my wing dust.  I then wrapped em in bacon and secured em with toothpicks.  I then smoked till done and basted with BBQ sauce on some of em.  man these things were good and I plan on doing it again next year. 

each wrapped morsel is a chuckar breast with one slice of bacon wrapped around.  these things would be good to do with chicken tenders also.  mmmmm.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Looks like your work today paid off pretty good.

Jerry

slagmaker

Now you done it!!

You done went and made me hungry...

Good looking hound you got there.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

yeah she doesn't do to bad.  she isn't big on bringing birds back but if the bird is still kicking then she will keep hold of em.  she locks up tight when on point and doesn't move unless you get right behind her.  she works the birds great.  I got helmet cam footage of a good many birds today so once I get that downloaded and edited i will post a vid.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Okanagan

Oh man, that is some of the best sounding food I've ever run across.  Wow, you outdid yourself with the bacon wrapped chukar breasts.  I am salivating all over my keyboard.

FinsnFur

Is it stuff like this that made you guys so little Ben?
You guys sure know how to eat :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com