• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tatoo idea?

Started by Todd Rahm, March 28, 2010, 02:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well, in light of recent events I have been pondering the idea of a tattoo. Always wanted one but I'm kinda picky and never really saw anything I liked. Now I'm thinking Patriotic with an attitude and serious bite (No pun intended), and the Gadsden Flag is looking like a good base. So any ideas?

I like the MRT from poland tattoo on this page.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gadsden.info/i/tattoo/Liberty-or-Death-tattoo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gadsden.info/tattoos.html&usg=__wK6VMIGDFF3Pax0bnFPJxZFxY3o=&h=200&w=200&sz=14&hl=en&start=30&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=9XwRN4muxqiqTM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtea%2Bparty%2Btattoo%26start%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1

I also like the forarm band idea, but it would have to be killer. Maybe Gasden one  forarm and the US Flad on the other.  :biggrin: Man, the wifes gona kill me, but she'll get over it.

Mark Harnois of Detroit has a cool one here to vamp off of.

http://www.gadsden.info/category/dont-tread-on-me-tattoos

Bopeye

Sounds just like me. Always wanted a tattoo, but never found one that just thought I could live with all my life. Almost had the skull with crossed M-16's that read Live to Kill and Kill to LIve on it. Can you imagine my fat butt with that on it now?  :laf:  More like live to eat and eat to live.  :eyebrownod:

I really like those Tattoos Todd. I would consider a few of those. I really would. My first tattoo at 41 years old.  :doh2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

I don't have any tattoos.   I just never found any that I absolutely wanted.   Plus, I know I would never stop at just one.   :nono:

Todd Rahm

I'm only one year behind ya buddy, and I figured you would be the first one to reply.  :biggrin: It won't be just one of those, it would have to be one killer looking off shoot or a better one then the ones I mentioned.

How can a wife dispute them, and can't really say its a bad example for the kids.  :biggrin:

Semp, who says ya have to stop.  :innocentwhistle:

iahntr

I was gonna get one a lot a years ago, a buddy was supposed to come and pick me up
and we were gonna go get one. He never showed up, and I never went and got it done.
Lookin back at "where I was at " then,  probably for the better now too.   :laf:
I don't know, if I wanted to, it would be hard to find the right one, and the right spot to put it on.
Scott

FinsnFur

Yeah it's gonna be something you live with the rest of your life. :eyebrownod:
I've got three, and there has been times I wish I had none.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

So why the wish for none?  :wo:

FinsnFur

Times....there have been times. One in particular that comes to mind is during my grandmothers funeral when myself and all my siblings were the Paul Bearers on that hot short sleeved summer day.

You'd have to know my family and how proper my grandparents were, but boyyyyyyy did I feel awkward and out of place in front of that crowd with inked arms spilling out of all those fancy cloths. To fuel the situation I had a pony tail half way down my back.  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

A tattoo is a deep personal choice. They should not be gotten on a whim. Ink regret is a terriable thing.

I have my daughters names on my arm and thats it for now. At 41 myself I want some more ink. I know what I want and it will be a back piece, full coverage
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HaMeR

I've been contemplating a 2 of Hearts on my left upper arm & a 4 Diamonds on my right upper arm. I have 2 kids & 4 Grand Kids. I can never add to the Hearts but I can add to the Diamonds.  :biggrin:  The only other tattoos I would consider would be of broken hearts when Mom or Dad pass away. Kinda corny huh?  :laf:

I work with guys that have them. One guy has a very nice tattoo of Jesus' Tomb on his forearm. It is nicely detailed & well done.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

Well Todd...being the loyal customer that you are and a fine promoter of the predator call collecting scene I will give you permission to use this design on either arm...

Or perhaps you would prefer this one...

Okay, seriously though. I like the one you picked the best out of all of them. I have a couple of tats...one of them is very unprofessional...meaning I did it myself in high school :doh2: What the #$#$ was I thinking :rolleye: Thankfully, I at least had the foresight to place it in a spot that my shirt sleeves would cover up. I've been wanting to get it covered up with something more professional for a while. I just can't decide what I want to cover it up with. I don't mind if tats are exposed on the arm, just not when they're done by a dumb high school kid. :doh2:

Are you having one of your work clients give you the tat :wo:

Todd Rahm

I'll put the lil one on my forearm and do a full back witht he big one Steve.  :biggrin: Then will ya make me a Pro Staffer?  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Silencer

Steve you use that india ink I think thats what its called ?   I have 2 I made myself back in HS with the art class ink.   I also have 2 professionally done before I was married with kids and still in the service.   

weedwalker

I don't have any, but am not against them. But I know a few people, (my son included), that have been turned down for good jobs because of them. I wouldn't get one that a T-shirt wouldn't cover.

Palegroe

I have my last name across my lower back.  MARTIN the letters are about 4" tall and it is all the way across about 18" or so.  I always wanted one and it took me years to decide what I wanted.  Didn't want to get old and my opinions or ways change and be stuck with a tattoo I didn't want.  As I explained to my parents after getting it, Its the first thing ever given to me and the Only thing nobody will ever be able to take away.  They were stunded I had put that much thought into it but still didn't fully approve I was 21 so by then I had already made them way madder than that in my short carrier as a child so they got over it pretty quick.  Now if I had to do it again I probably would heck I've already had to have one of the letters reinked cause I feel off a trailer and my back slide down the side and scraped the skin off so I was MARTI  for about two years till it could completely heal so I could get the N put back on.  The whole experience took 6 hours and I wouldn't trade it for nothing, wasn't drunk, High, or anything.  It actually took me about 2 months I designed all the letters and colors myself on Autocad so I could say it was all mine.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

FozzyBear

I have 1 on each forearm 1on each shorter 1 on my chest and 1 that coverer's my hole back. An plan too get more.  :wo:  But not shore wat I am going to get? It takes me a long time to dised wat to get Cu's it wont wash off in the moreng .:madd: But you get one you mite want more :eyebrow:

pitw

I'm afraid when I'm done with this body and they need skin to make lamp shades out of that the shade made outa my hide will be a bit boring as the only ink in it is more pencil lead from a little spat 46 years ago.  It kinda looks like a period and thats the way I hope it remains for the rest of my days cause that little period mark hurt like [L] for a spell, what with ma trying to dig the damb thing out with her sewing needle and all. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

CCP

Got a few but keep them hid not because I am ashamed or have regrets. They are just very personal and have very deep meaning. I will admit I did have one very small one removed when I got older and didn't run in the same circles and if I had to do it over again I would not have had it removed.

Todd my only advice is only take the plunge after years of thought and never one on your gut. I almost got one there when I was younger and now looking down at my gut it would just be a big ole blurr. :doh2:

Of course Coulters NB one wouldn't be a bad tat at all but it would stand for something different than he intended here where I live.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Todd Rahm

Its been about 20 years of thought, or wanting one. Does that qualify?  :biggrin: I wanted one earlier but what was aspiring a military move that wouldn't have allowed me to have any tattoos, body markings (birth marks etc) or scars over an inch. Well that didn't work out as I didn't stay in, but I have always wanted one.

Don't worry about rushing either. It'll have to be a darn good one by a pretty reputable artist for sure. Ya think I can fly to L.A. and have Kat do one for me.  :biggrin: