• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

North Bay Conservation Series Calls...

Started by Coulter, March 30, 2010, 05:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Sets 3, 4 & 5 are still up for grabs. Todd and Dave claimed sets 1 & 2 already. Set #3 is ready to go out the door and can be yours for $110 including shipping. Half of the proceeds from these calls will be donated to the Fur Takers of America. Sets 4 & 5 will be finished in the next two weeks. If anybody wants to lay claim to a set just say the word and I'll get your name on on it. By the way, whoever had the previous years #1 set or #2 set etc. has first dibs on the next years set of the same number. With all of that being said...here they are

A word of caution first...ask Todd and Dave since they know first hand - The picture does these calls absolutely no justice. I suck when it comes to picture taking.

and here is set #3 alone (that is dust from my hands on the left side of the middle call :doh2:)

The calls included are the redesigned Pyper, the new Taiga and the new Pavlov's Bell. And yes the display stand is included since I doubt anybody will actually take these calls into the field :doh2: I also forgot to mention - each call is signed and numbered and also comes with a certificate of authenticity with the buyers name.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Todd Rahm

Yipper, the first set is mine and the second belongs to David Brant.  :thumb2:

Steve's right when he says the pics do the calls no justice at all. Dave and I both have last years sets, and I thought last years set was sweat and figured about the same for this years set. Steve corresponded with us a few times on what type of woods and which calls we might like to see in the set, and outside of telling him what wood I liked, I sure tried like heck to put all the decision making burdens on Dave.  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin: I think at the end I just told Steve to surprise me. Steve's one of those call makers that makes it look easy and flawless, and I have enough of his calls to know, no matter what he sends or I order it'll be a dandy. (I think the fella could polish a turd and make it look good)

Well I got my set last week, and was really excited to open it. When I did, man was I shocked. I'm one of the fellas that just loves sap wood in my calls, and here I had it in three beautiful calls, and a A STAND.  :yahoo:

These calls are the typical elegant styles ya expect from Steve with a boat load of contrasting colors that just pop out at ya, and ya find yourself just staring at the calls. (This is where the pics lacking justice.) The engraving is very professional looking, and one of the better engraving jobs I have seen in a long time, maybe ever? The are easy and effortless to use, and sound great. (But you know I ain't hunting with these.)

So to say I'm pleased is an understatement of the year. The first question I had for Steve is "How are you gona top this next year?"  :biggrin: Me and Dave exchanged a few PM's and I know he was just as excited as I was when he got them. This is probably the best set of calls I have right now, if not the best.  ;yes;

Steve thanks for starting these sets last year and I'm looking forward to the many years to come, but most of all, already looking for next years.  :biggrin:

I'll see about getting some macro pics of mine if I can.

:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

FinsnFur

Boy the logo turned out awesome on those didnt it? Not to take from the calls, but the logo really stuck out to me.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Boy them are nice.   :yoyo:
I too love the sap wood and contrasting colors.
Logo really does look good too.
Great job on em.  :congrats:
Scott

Coulter

Thanks guys...just like Todd mentioned - they look even better in person. These pics are horrible. I need to work on my photography skills :wo: Thank you Todd for the great write up. I'm not sure what next years calls will be at this point, but I can assure you they will not be made from polished turds :puke: I really love incorporating the sapwood into the calls too. It doesn't always work out the way I hope, but I am learning to read the wood a bit better as I turn more them. Looking forward to the next wood run :biggrin:

Thanks again,

Steve