• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I've got a shot at becoming President.

Started by pitw, April 26, 2010, 07:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Barry, Your garden project sounds like a whole family affair, very healthy  :eyebrownod: and the lads will develop a taste for the home grown stuff that they will alway appreciate, the lessons learned working in the garden will be worth its weight in gold.
Quote from: pitw on July 03, 2010, 01:03:57 PM
:biggrin:.  She takes great pride in feeding the family with our own produce and the lads learn that a poor job of weeding only gains them another day of weeding :laf: :laf:
I like that!!  :hahaha:  :hahaha: cc

Carolina Coyote

Update on the progress of the Southern Peanut Plantation: Just thought I would post a picture of the peanut patch to show how they are doing. cc

My Apple Tree kinda sorta overloaded this year

coyotehunter_1

cc, that's a fine looking bunch o' p-nuts ya' got going on there. Looks to be a bumper crop of apples too. :highclap:

With your fruit trees nearby do you have trouble with deer eating the plants?

After several years of frustration I gave up trying to grow a garden here, not only because of the heavy chert & red clay soil but we also have a lot of wild critters that love gardens too. :sad3:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot...  Barry for President
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

I dunno  :confused: thats a pretty well groomed and maintained looking garden Carl :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

We do have Deer and Rabbits that get in the Peanuts and Apples, I need to put something out to discourage them, really don't know what will work best my biggest concern is there are wild hogs behind the house that destroyed my BIL Cantaloupe Patch a couple of nights ago, several thousand cantaloupes, if they got into the Peanut Patch they could destroy it in one night., Jim the well maintain garden is due to a lot of HARD WORK.  :biggrin: CC

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on July 17, 2010, 07:20:23 AM
  Jim the well maintain garden is due to a lot of HARD WORK.  :biggrin: CC

I thought you were married :confused:.  Look at how HaMeR does it :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

I guess some of us is just luckier than others Barry.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Carolina Coyote

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

Quoteif they got into the Peanut Patch they could destroy it in one night.

Yeap if you got hogs close they will certainly be there when them peanuts start pinnin down.
It is amazing and sad all at the same time what a group of hogs can do in one night to a peanut field.

Nice setup you got there CC.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

Another update on the progress of the Southern Peanut Plantation in our Bid to educate our Maybe next President, these plants have another Month to grow and if Barry can grow Peanut like this he for sure will be in the running in 2012.  :eyebrownod: cc

pitw

Oh man this is embarrassing [again with that :doh2:].

Our peanuts[notice how a good candidate allows others to have some credit :wink:].

The rest of the garden is doing well though :biggrin:.

Carolina Coyote

Barry, Nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm impressed that they even came up with the cool weather you have had and the rest of your garden looks great, don't know what all the plants are but they sure are growing good. I use Miracle Grow on the peanuts mixed with the Sea Weed also some Calcium Nitrate that I add to the water when irrigating at least once a week. I was not trying to embarrass you only letting everyone see the progress for my patch, I have been growing these thing for years and learn something new every year, The Sea Weed for sure has been a big improvement this year, the vines have more blooms than I have ever seen on any that I have grown in the past and unless something happens it could be the best crop I have ever grown. cc

pitw

Carl I been enjoying this more than one body should be allowed :wink:.  We are now into our heat season so it will be interesting to see what they do.  Man it got up to 84F here yesterday and I about melted :whew:.  In that row of peanuts the first 10 feet have yellowed and I have no idea why :confused:.  Being a plant killer for the last 15 years I've also tried to learn how to make healthier plants for my customers and I ain't done playing with the nuts yet[still got holes in my pockets you know :innocentwhistle:].

Carolina Coyote

My guess on the yellow in the plant it need nitrogen, side dress with 35.0.0. cc

pitw

I'm more afeared it is something already in the ground as they have enough N in my humble opinion. 

FinsnFur

Barry's growing them itty bitty peanuts they sprinkle on top of ice cream cones :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

You are probably right Barry as all the other plants look like they have plenty, have you used any Herbicides in the garden?  The Plants are big enough to put the Gypsum on even if not blooming, the Gypsum will sweeten the soil and allow the plants to take up more nutrients. cc

pitw

No herbicides in my garden Carl as I don't use it there.  I do however put our wood ash's from the fire in that spot and am wondering about that.  We'll put the gypsum out today then and thanks.