• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Banishing God From Our Classrooms

Started by blacky, July 02, 2010, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

Banishing God From Our Classrooms
July 1, 2010 - 22:34 ET

Watch Glenn Beck weekdays at 5p & 2a ET on Fox News Channel

I seriously need duct tape just to make it through the day to survive. If I don't wrap my head up tight, it's going to explode just from reading the news of the day.

Our Karl Marx-loving administration is trying to spend its way out of a debt crisis; we're about to send a progressive to the Supreme Court (remember, progressives think the Constitution is an outdated document), and then there are stories like this out of Arlington High School in Massachusetts:

A student there named Sean Harrington noticed something odd: There were no American flags in the classroom and no Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Sean decided to try and get flags put back in the classroom and to have students start reciting the Pledge of Allegiance again. Seems like a benign request, right? Not in Massachusetts. It's been three years â€" three years â€" since Sean took up the oh-so-controversial fight of getting American flags back in American classrooms.

Sean finally got them to relent on the flags, but the Pledge has been a different story. The principal, Charles Skidmore, finally agreed to lead the Pledge, not in class but in the foyer for those who wish to attend. The school said: "The principal wanted to be very respectful about the Pledge and be sensitive to the Supreme Court ruling that students are not forced to say the Pledge. He wanted to be sensitive to the diverse group of students we have."

Diverse group of students? Look, if you don't want to say the Pledge, whatever, you don't have to. But what part of that "diverse group" of students doesn't want to recite it?

How did we even get to a place where we are even having this debate? The Pledge of Allegiance? The flag in class? Really? Where was the tipping point on this? Do the majority of people think the Pledge is offensive or is this a bogus tipping point? Who exactly is offended?

The school originally rejected Harrington's request because, "some educators are concerned that it would be hard to find teachers willing to recite it." Really? That's even worse! If that's true and teachers won't recite the Pledge, then maybe it's time to start firing teachers. My 4-year-old recites the Pledge and that's one reason my kids are not in public school.

Do you remember when Red Skelton recited the Pledge?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM&feature=related
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

HaMeR

That is one of the best videos I have ever seen. I've been lucky enough to see it several times & it means more each time now. Thank You Mr. Skelton!!

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11