• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Multiple Road Kill.

Started by nastygunz, July 10, 2010, 10:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I saw this snake...I think it is a Ribbon Snake?...dead on the road with a whole bunch of babies it was carrying:

dog dropper

It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

FinsnFur

That is NASTY!...no pun intended.
What'ya mean carrying? as in literally?

I wonder if they were following her or they got squeezed out. I dont know how that works for a snake.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

The female snake actually has a short claw which it drags along the ground creating a vibration which the young snakes follow..so technically she wasnt carrying them...but they were trailing her...hence the group tire intervention.

slagmaker

Anyway, it's dead now and a buzzard will most lilkey eat it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

The guy sure drove back and forth enough times. :laf:
   I'd done it a couple more for good measure though. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Just another case of profiling, if that was a deer, moose or elephant nobody would of thought of running over it!  The poor thing just wanted to get "across the road" to make a better living for its family.  Why can't we all just get along?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyotehunter_1

John, I agree but sometimes SQUISH just happens. :puke:

Like the rest of the critters on earth, snakes have their place in nature. Over time I've exterminated a few pit vipers (when needed) but I still go out of my way to catch and relocate *most snakes (and turtles) I find caught on the highway.  :huh:

*That is unless Bop is in the truck at the time.... then the snake is on it's own.  :laf:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

vvarmitr

I think JP is listening too to many anti-Gov. Brewer people.  :loco:
:laf:

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on July 11, 2010, 12:53:15 PM
  Why can't we all just get along?
Cause them insufferable, ugly, spade headed and extra toothed long worms just don't fit in my life scheme :noway:.

coyotehunter_1

Hey Barry.... you sound a lot like Bopeye. :biggrin:

He and I were out calling coyotes one day and ran across a fair sized black snake (non-poisonous). Until that day I had no idea he suffered such a severe dislike for snakes. I reached down and picked the snake up to examine it... turned around with the snake and Bop was gone... don't tell me fluffy guys can't run. :laf:

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

nastygunz

jimbo did you really believe the part about the snake dragging its claw?... :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on July 11, 2010, 03:53:41 PM
I reached down and picked the snake up to examine it...

If'n it had been me with you and I was packing a gun the chances of that being your last act in life would have been very high99.99999999998%.  Just being close would get you killed by friendly fire :doh2:.

FinsnFur

No, actually I didnt.  :nono:
I just passed the question as going unknown.

But did you know that female lions get their young to follow by dancing her tail in front of them as she is walking? :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: pitw on July 11, 2010, 09:12:22 PM
I reached down and picked the snake up to examine it...

If'n it had been me with you and I was packing a gun the chances of that being your last act in life would have been very high99.99999999998%.  Just being close would get you killed by friendly fire :doh2:.

:laf: :laf: Barry... I promise, anytime I'm standing near you, I'll never even say the word snake. :alscalls: :alscalls:

vayotehowler

snakes do have a spur on either side near their vent(CLOACHA) said ala crazy croc wrasslin bloke (rip steve) looks like a finger naill someone cut off and stuck in its side

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 11, 2010, 10:07:29 PM
No, actually I didnt.  :nono:
I just passed the question as going unknown.

But did you know that female lions get their young to follow by dancing her tail in front of them as she is walking? :eyebrownod:

Women do that too... :biggrin:

Bopeye

Hey Barry.... you sound a lot like Bopeye. :biggrin:

He and I were out calling coyotes one day and ran across a fair sized black snake (non-poisonous). Until that day I had no idea he suffered such a severe dislike for snakes. I reached down and picked the snake up to examine it... turned around with the snake and Bop was gone... don't tell me fluffy guys can't run. :laf:

Chet's telling secrets again.  :doh2:  I do have a mild dislike for slithering, serpents. AND I did consider what Barry proposed.  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

nastygunz

This little beauty is still alive and well :wink: