• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Honest Thought Provoking Questions

Started by FOsteology, August 07, 2010, 01:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

If gay marriage is to be legal, give me one valid reason why polygamist marriage should not be legal as well?

I don't want to go down the stupid slippery slope of bestiality, pedophilia, or incestuous marriage......so lets NOT go there.

But what I do want to know is that if marriage is redefined from one man - one woman to consenting adults......why would we (as a society) refuse to allow consenting adults to marry just because one of them happens to have another spouse, who by the way, also consents?  :shrug:

Another question....What happens if on person is married to another of the same sex, and one (or both) decide to "marry" another of the opposite sex ('straight') in another (non- gay) state?

Is this bigamy?

FinsnFur

:laf: Your wifes going to read that and wonder what you got going on :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

No, just hopefully showing what a can of worms has recently been opened....

Logically, there are three quantities that matter - zero, one & many. Once you have redefined marriage beyond one definition, you necessarily move to many.
And now that gay marriage is legal, I honestly think polygamists (as well as countless other "alternatives") have a case, and one much easier to prove than the gay lobby.

THO Game Calls

QuoteIf gay marriage is to be legal, give me one valid reason why polygamist marriage should not be legal as well?

If the law is drafted correctly, it will not be an issue .

Simply adding the words   "between two" to your statement

Quoteif marriage is redefined from one man - one woman to consenting adults..

so that it reads

"marriage is redefined from one man - one woman to between two consenting adults",  

The polygamist, bestiality and pedophilia concerns are thus eliminated.  

Incestuous marriage could be eliminated by rewriting the statement so it would read  "marriage is redefined from one man - one woman to between two consenting adults not related by blood to each other"

To have a case for polygamy, bestiality, or pedophilia would mean overturning current statutes that make these practices crimes.   Living as a same sex couple is currently not a crime.   Gay marriage simply seeks to allow same sex couples to be granted the same rights that traditional married couples enjoy.  It does not seek to overturn criminal statutes,  which would be a much tougher fight.   Although, in some states, sodomy is a crime, even between consenting adults, it is selectively enforced, and usually only in cases of pedophilia or rape.  

There's your reason.   
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FOsteology

Thanks Al.

I'll submit that the reason is simply that Gay "marriage" involves a politically protected class (and one that generally votes Democrat), polygamy generally doesn't.

I am opposed to the legislative bending of the majority to recognize and bow down to the 1 -2% of the population because they are developmentally disordered.

FOsteology

Utah Polygamy Law Unconstitutional: Federal Judge

Told ya so!  :alscalls:

Gay marriage is a stepping stone to polygamy. One step at a time. Polygamy is coming. Bet on it...

HaMeR

Not in my house it aint!! I can live with a headache. I'm sure as hell not gonna live with a migraine!! Cause then I would know what my Wife lives with!!  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Roundman

I'd like to add a question. If gay marriage is ok why is it wrong for a guy to pick up a prostitute? Two people of the same sex getting it on should be considered normal, but a man receives a bj from a woman and hands her a few bucks for gas he's considered a perv. So I say if gay marriage is legalized so should prostitution. Let's face it, a strait man without a woman may need more than a glass of warm milk to put him to sleep. A shot of vitamin P always works.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Quote from: Roundman on December 19, 2013, 06:30:37 PM
I'd like to add a question. If gay marriage is ok why is it wrong for a guy to pick up a prostitute? Two people of the same sex getting it on should be considered normal, but a man receives a bj from a woman and hands her a few bucks for gas he's considered a perv. So I say if gay marriage is legalized so should prostitution. Let's face it, a strait man without a woman may need more than a glass of warm milk to put him to sleep. A shot of vitamin P always works.  :biggrin:

Roundman for President!   :highclap:  :yoyo:

shaddragger

Quote from: Roundman on December 19, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

Because Obi-Wan said,"The truths we cling to are only true from a certain point of view." Because the topic is "Thought provoking", the truth of the Good Book is that adultery is no better than homosexuality. If the Bible is your Guide, then interpretation is up to the one who will be judged, not to the one you ask for opinion. OK is getting a wider playing field these days.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen