• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Kalifornia Again

Started by weedwalker, September 26, 2010, 05:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Heading out early in the morning for LA again. But this time I'll be going from Nashville instead of Atlanta so I'll be going across I-40 most of the way. Have to bobtail (no trailer) all the way out there, then pick up the trailer I took out there a couple weeks ago and bring it back to Birmingham. Then they want me to turn around, go back again to California and bring another trailer back. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of driving the next 2 1/2 weeks or so. :sick2:  I ain't real happy about having to do it but I guess it's better than unemployment. I'll check in whenever I can while I'm gone. See ya.

Bills Custom Calls

Be careful Ed Be looking forward to your pics
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

Be careful buddy....... and if you ever come up this way...... bring yer gun and we will do a few stands....... :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Safe travels to ya Ed. Take care.
Scott

Bopeye

Going down I-40? I know someone that works just off I-40.  :eyebrow:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Yeah it beats unemployment, and there's a lot of that going around, with a lot more of it to come.
Drive safe.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Watch out for them Lot Lizards, Ed.   :eyebrownod:

JohnP

Ed, if'n you get a chance to read this before you leave, throw a few calls and a howler in the cab.  Maybe this time we can get out and do a stand or two.    I'm kinda anxious to see how our western coyotes respond to a southern accent.  Will you be by yourself?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

weedwalker

Hey JohnP, Just checked in before leaving. I'll throw my lanyard in the truck with my calls. I don't know how much time I'm going to have on this trip though. They want me back as soon as I can. I'll give you a call in a few days. Pineapple ain't going this time. But there is another guy in another truck going.
Semp, I'll keep my doors locked at night. Don't need no lot lizards in my truck. :nono:
Bop, I won't be on your stretch of I-40. I'll be west of Nashville. :sad:
I'll try to get some better pics for y'all on this trip.

HaMeR

Have a good safe trip Ed!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Made it out to Albuquerque,NM so far. Stopped here for tonite. Haven't taken any pictures yet. I saw a few places I would've liked to got a pic while driving by. But had so many bugs on the window it woulda turned out bad. I'll be going thru the mountains tomorrow so maybe I can get some good pics there.
Will be in LA either tommorow evening or early thursday morning. Then supposed to be back to Birmingham,Al sunday.

pitw

Have a safe trip with much enjoyment.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Made it out here to Barstow,Ca tonight. I'm only 1 1/4 hour from where I'm going. Can't pick up my trailer till tomorrow so I just stopped here. Ain't no good places any closer to stay. Now I just hope it's ready when I get there. My company didn't tell the place I was coming untill this afternoon. Could be a problem.

coyote101

Hey Ed, you're only about 35 miles from where Bill's daughter and Kurtis are moving to. You ought to get a few pictures of the area to show him. The high desert is a little different from Ohio.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

WldWldWest

I would ride with ya Ed, But without a wagon it'll be to bumpy to shoot straight out of the "winder" :biggrin:

Why in the hell would ya Bobtail all the way to Commieville? You'd think they would find somebody to drag it this way???

Be careful and if ya run into my buddy's (So called) In Santa Fe that are Elk Huntin......Pit em for me and I'll take the blame!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

JohnP

Talked to Ed just a while ago.  Probably be here mid to late afternoon, might be able to squeeze in a stand or two.

HuntnCarve

Ed and John, whacking and stacking the coyotes! :highclap:

KySongDog

JohnP, you are going to have every coyote in Arizona running to ya for a look see.  Ed is THE coyote magnet.   :eyebrownod:   

I think it must be his scent.   :alscalls:

JohnP

I'm counting on him to bring them in.   Today is one of those days where it's better to be lucky than good.  Temperature right now is 94 and the wind is steady at 15mph with gust of upward to 25.   The only creatures out roaming the desert areas today is us dumb humans and hopefully a coyote or two. 

weedwalker

Just my luck, got held up 2 hours with the trailers we were picking up. :argh: And the guy in the other truck wasted another hour of my time. :argh: By the time I got over to where JohnP lives it was already getting dark so we didn't get to hunt.
I've still got to make another trip out there sometime in the next couple weeks. So hopfully John and I will be able to get out and do some calling.