• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Great deer hunt

Started by lacie23, November 22, 2010, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacie23

Daddy took me deer hunting today. It was pretty cold and windy and we weren't seeing any deer. Then Daddy said, "There's a deer " !!  A buck was coming toward us and he told me to wait for a good shot . I could see he only had horns on one side but he said " shoot him anyway " ! He came up close to us and when I shot he dropped straight down and rolled over !! 

Daddy said he was pretty old because his teeth were worn down. We were both really excited. Too bad one main beam was broken but I am still happy with him.

KySongDog

Congrats lacie!    :congrats:   Remember, you can't eat the antlers!   

slagmaker

congrats on your deer. That is something to get excited over..
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HuntnCarve

Congrats on a fine buck.  They are all trophies.  Way to go! :congrats:

iahntr

Scott

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go Lacie  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Yep that will fill the empty spot in the belly for awhile
You must be pretty tuff you did say it was cold and there you are in a T-shirt
Now that is what I call a great hunt  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Roundman

Even with just one beam it's still a nice buck. Heck, bigger than most of the ones I've taken.  :biggrin: Good job kid.

Hawks Feather

Lacie,

That is a very nice buck and I am sure that you are proud of it.  I am also sure that your Dad is proud of you.  Speaking of Dad, did he get a deer yet?

Jerry

edit:  What state do you live in that you think it is cold and yet are wearing a short sleeved shirt?    :biggrin:

coyotehunter_1

Lacie... :congrats: congratulations !!! You did well, some hunters may go years without seeing a nice deer like that. :highclap:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

pitw

Yay Ray  :yahoo:.  That there is a fine buck and as others have said horn don't count in the freezer but on another note you'll be able to pick that fella outa a wall full with all their head gear :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Congratulations Lacie!! That's a dandy buck for sure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

lacie23

Thanks everyone !!!!.  We live in West Virginia and it was cold at daylight, we were in our stand before daylight. I got my deer at 9:00 then we waited to see if daddy could get one but the only other buck we saw was on the neighbor's land and we didn't have permission. Daddy said he didn't care because he was so happy that I got one . By the time we took the picture it had warmed up in the 60's . We quit hunting early so we could skin it and get it cooled.

coyote101

Yea Lacie  :congrats: :congrats: Way to go!  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Jeb

Thats awesome !!  Congrats Lacie !!  :congrats: :congrats:

Hawks Feather

So now you are experienced at butchering too!  When it comes to our daughters, Dads are always happiest when our daughters spend time with us.

Jerry

slagmaker

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 22, 2010, 07:59:56 PM
  When it comes to our daughters, Dads are always happiest when our daughters spend time with us.

Jerry

VERY TRUE
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

I'm with these guys in saying, the antlers dont eat well anyway. Nice job girl!  :yoyo:

Your Dad didnt get one yet? Maybe you could take him with you and give him some pointers :eyebrownod:
By the way I see ya cutting the back straps out that boy, who taught ya to do that? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

He got into a serious fight breaking off his left side! Very nice, congrats!

msmith

Quote from: slagmaker on November 22, 2010, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 22, 2010, 07:59:56 PM
  When it comes to our daughters, Dads are always happiest when our daughters spend time with us.

Jerry

VERY TRUE

I'll third that!

Way to go, from one 'ol Hillbilly to another!  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

lacie23

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 22, 2010, 08:11:35 PM
I'm with these guys in saying, the antlers dont eat well anyway. Nice job girl!  :yoyo:

Your Dad didnt get one yet? Maybe you could take him with you and give him some pointers :eyebrownod:
By the way I see ya cutting the back straps out that boy, who taught ya to do that? :wink:

Thanks  for the nice comments everyone !!!  My Daddy taught me how to skin. He said my Granddaddy taught him. He says my Granddaddy would have loved me, but he got killed in a car wreck before I was born.