• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Absolutely AWESOME Thanksgiving Weekend Hunt

Started by FOsteology, November 28, 2010, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FOsteology on December 02, 2010, 03:09:26 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 02, 2010, 01:24:29 PM
Dang, if they have lost that much stock I think I would consider another fence or two to keep them in.

Jerry

Not from one place. The Texas Hill Country encompasses a tremendous amount of land. Numerous (more than you can shake a stick at) Ranches are high fenced.
Some anywhere from 100 acres up to 20,000+ acres. Many of the BIG places require a hired hand or two (or more!) just to maintain the fencing. Hunting the Hill Country is great in
that one literally has no idea what might show up! I've seen numerous African PG species, and even a Giraffe!

What does Giraffe taste like?

Jerry

FOsteology

Chicken.  :shrug:

Heck if I know. Never killed nor ate one.... unless it was sneaked past me at dinner in Namibia. :laf:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FOsteology on December 02, 2010, 10:13:15 PM
Chicken.  :shrug:

Heck if I know. Never killed nor ate one.... unless it was sneaked past me at dinner in Namibia. :laf:

:laugh2:  I love that answer.

Jerry

Okanagan

What a GREAT hunt!  Those bucks are dandies and the stag is tremendous.  Love that crowning on his heavy rack.  Thanks for the pics and write up.  You and your son had to be PUMPED on the way home.

vvarmitr

FOsteology

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 05, 2010, 10:10:10 AM
Quote from: FOsteology on December 02, 2010, 11:00:05 AM
Water Buffalo
As in Cape Buffalo?  :huh:

No, completely different species. Water buff originates from Asia.

A friend of mine had one out at his place, and it had begun to cause problems and damaged to property and equipment. Since he had three small kids,
he wanted it gone ASAP. Basically I killed the beast with my .444 Marlin and we split the meat.

vvarmitr