• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Not a call in BUT

Started by kyfuzzyface, November 28, 2010, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyfuzzyface

This Old Gal came in chasing 3 doe sarurday evening and I fed her a load of 150 gr .270 she dropped like a rock then jumped up and ran in the Brush, I didn't look for her until noon today she still made it about 75 yrds
Old Jake helped me track her down
33# female

Hunting area

Fuzzy

KySongDog

Dayum.  Ran 75 yards after getting hit with a .270.  :shock2:

Looks like it was a good hit too.   There's your answer to the "Is the .17HMR a good coyote gun"  question.  Nope.   :alscalls:

Nice coyote, Fuzz!!

cityslicker

Jimmie in Ky

Once saw one hit at 2o feet with a 30-06 180 grain pilll that ran 70 yards or so before expiring. Dead center hit too. Nice one Fuzz. Jimmie

alscalls

WTG!  Man I wish I was out there hunting.........
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

Nice coyote. I use a .270  with 110gr sp.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Good job!!!  (L) I've hit 'em low on a facing shot... ripped her open where a soccer ball would fit in her chest.... ran over 200 yards....some of 'em just don't want to die... just another thing I respect in 'em. 
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

golfertrout

FinsnFur

And chasing three does to boot, holy cow she was hungry.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Way to put the smack down on her. Congrats on taking the opertunity as it presented its self to ya
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

LBLDOG

Yotes still amaze me how tuff they are :congrats: congrats

Bopeye

Quote from: LBLDOG on November 29, 2010, 02:58:29 PM
Yotes still amaze me how tuff they are :congrats: congrats

Amen to that. Saw one dragging it's gut for several hundred yards before it finally decided to lay down and die. Wasn't much left inside the ole boy and he still kept travelling. Tuff critters.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Okanagan

Pound for pound coyotes are as tough and tenacious of life as some of the toughest larger critters.  I rank them in the class with mountain goats and grizzlies.  Coyotes can take an amazing amount of damage and still run off.   My best stories of coyote toughness are best left untold on the Internet.

As to a target of opportunity, good for you!

I've never quite understood the purists who look down on any way to hunt coyotes but call them.  I hunted coyotes long before I ever called one, by still hunting, bait, spotting and stalking, even driving them by a stander.  It all works, and calling them is about the easiest way to go at it.

Yesterday afternoon one of the most beautiful coyotes I've seen was standing in open forest 25 yards off a logging road in snow as I drove past.  It had long silky fur that was super thick with beautiful markings on a light basic color.  I bailed out stuffing a round into my .243 but it ran off before I could get a shot.  But i was trying for that target of opportunity!

KySongDog

Great point, Okanagan.  

For me, I like dead coyotes.  Ever how they get that way is fine by me.   I think about the numbers of deer, turkeys, rabbits, and other game that I can now eat because that mangy, stinkin' varmint is gone from this earth.   I would bet that if a wolf could think, that is exactly what it would think too.   ;yes;

I guess you could say I am not a purist.   :nono:

Bopeye

I am about as pure as it gets I reckon. If I got anymore pure they would call me methane.  :laf:

Just in case you are wondering, I am saying that I am purely full of crap.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

Quote from: Semp on November 30, 2010, 09:55:45 AM
For me, I like dead coyotes.  Ever how they get that way is fine by me.   I think about the numbers of deer, turkeys, rabbits, and other game that I can now eat because that mangy, stinkin' varmint is gone from this earth.   I would bet that if a wolf could think, that is exactly what it would think too.   ;yes;
My sentiments too.  ;yes;