• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote attack ! Is this you pitw ?

Started by securpro, January 06, 2011, 10:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

WARNING Foul language, not suited for Young Guns....
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

pitw

I hate when I got to shoo them dang things outta the way so I can set and call. :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

FinsnFur

Thats just nuts. Canadian Coyotes that easy to bring in? :alscalls:
It's like "hold still" so I can shoot ya.

I'm wondering if we need a note on that post Fos letting the young guns know there's plenty of foul language in the clip.
I guess that's not about to keep them from it anyway is it? LOL
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 07, 2011, 08:36:22 AM
I'm wondering if we need a note on that post Fos letting the young guns know there's plenty of foul language in the clip.
I guess that's not about to keep them from it anyway is it? LOL
Isn't that why we have the Members Forum:shrug:
Maybe someone needs to move it there?  :innocentwhistle:

That is a great clip! 
:highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: as some have said.
Wish that would happen to me.  :biggrin:
I've always wanted to strangle one to death!  :eyebrow:
I've had dreams about it. That & stabbing 'em. ;yes;
I know, I know -  :loco:  :loco:  :loco:

pitw

VV if you ever get the chance to stab one with a pitch fork, I'm sure you'll remember it forever :eyebrow:.  Kinda like having a large fish on a gaff except these guys try to bite you. :wink:.

securpro

Kinda strange for sure  :confused: I wonder if that coyote was somehow used to people or semi-domesticated   :shrug: or even sick or something, just not coyote like behavior
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

slagmaker

Looks more like it was domesticated and it was playing. No raised hackels or anything like that. 

Still strange for a coyote to act that way unless it was used to the human it was playing with.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

The story going around up here on that one is that they fed it and pretty much domesticated it  :shrug:.  It does demonstrate well the low intelligent level it takes to be allowed to work and make big bucks in the patch :readthis:.  I hope that the people who did this to the poor animal are the ones who get bit in the [prospectors animal] ;yes;

securpro

Maybe this is a new method we should try!   :wo: Think about it..... just stick a shoe on the end of your shotgun barrel and whistle him in  :eyebrow:

securpro

vvarmitr

pitw

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on January 08, 2011, 10:02:28 AM
Quote from: vvarmitr on January 08, 2011, 06:53:00 AM
A pitchfork?  :huh:

Twice  :biggrin:.

Hey, I wanna hear the pitchfork story (s)!  Let's have pitchfork stories from the voice of experience.  :yoyo: That's a lot more interesting to me than a camp coyote equivalent to a dump bear.

FWIW I've had park coyotes come to my vehicle and panhandle me.  Stop to look at a coyote in Banff National Park for example and the critter may come right up to the passenger or driver side door and look you in the face, waiting for a handout.  Foxes do the same along the Stewart Cassiar Highway north of Dease Lake.

pitw

Ok OK :biggrin:[I been waiting years to use that one :alscalls:
  When I was ten we had 100 head of cows to feed.  We fed square bales off a rack pulled by a tractor and I drove the tractor.  There was always coyotes in the feed area as it was hot food for them and the mangy ones would sometimes be chased under the rack by the cows.  Dad who always worked and seldom took the time to play that i did wouldn't do anything but i always wanted to kill them.  I got a couple with fence posts but that Christmas dad fell from the roof putting up lights[why I hate the damb things to this day] and broke his right wrist in 9 places plus a couple ribs.  This meant my brother and I had to do the work for a good spell and of course me being younger he got the tractor :argh:. We were out feeding and this mangy coyote came under the rack so I quit moving bales and grabbed the only weapon I had, a three tined pitch fork and waited like an eskimo over a seal hole.  Bruce got off the tractor  :biggrin: like the cheshire cat and chased the coyote out under me and I speared that sucker with all my mite.  Then it started twisting and turning for some reason instead of just dieing like my plan had been. :doh2:.  I held on for all I was worth and can say that wasn't enough cause it twisted out of my grip.  I can tell you that we didn't ever lose a tool for dad :nofgr:, cause that was worse than swearing in church[he managed to seed many though :innocentwhistle:], so with my brother on the safety of the tractor I proceeded to get that fork back and with the coyote weakened from the fight managed to give it a few raps on the noggin[the fat broad in the BC comics comes to mind here :alscalls:] and I got the job done. 
  The second one was much the same except I was 14 and we had progreesed to Heston stacks and loose feed which required a longer tine and 5 of them.  dad was driving the tractor, pulling the stack mover while a buddy and I were pitching feed when a coyote came under the mover.  I managed to spear it right through with two tines cause I had the fork vertical[as opposed to horizontal] and I have since always wondered how guys ever got a bayonet out of the oppositions chest :wo:.  That coyote was cranky and wanted me and away at the same time and Dad actually stopped the tractor[I think cause he was laughing so hard he couldn't maneuver  :madd:],  the only good thing about a fork in a coyote is you can hold it away from you as opposed to a rope where they can charge without much problem :shock2:.  My buddy got off the rack and between us we managed to break one fork, he got bit once, have a heart rate increasing time and kill the coyote. 

Okanagan

Thank you!  Those are great stories, told well.  Absolutely loved them!  Am still grinning.  Good ol farm boys get it done!

FinsnFur

:laf: :laf: That would have been some good footage. Just envisioning was a blast. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

That is the kind of thing you have to pay money to see. Priceless!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

HaMeR

That is purdy cool Barry!! Thanks for sharing those "hunts" with us.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jimmie in Ky

I am still trying to figure out his fear of snakes myself. None up there that I know of and he never came down here and helped me and my buds haul hay for any mishaps to have caused his phobia. And here he is trying to fork live coyotes on hte plate for lunch  :laf: Jimmie

slagmaker

Now I know why he's scared of snakes  :biggrin:... He can't hit one with a pitchfork :biggrin:.

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.