• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Blizzard

Started by pitw, January 08, 2011, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Well you gotta love timing :yoyo:.  We are having a good old fashioned blizzard here right now, complete with 40mph winds, probably 7inchs of snow so far and -5F.  I was supposed to take the boys up to my MIL's for Ukrainian Christmas dinner[13 meatless dish's that taste like{Stuff in the pile behind a cow}] and all them useless inlaws in the same place :puke:.  Needless to say the wife wasn't happy when I told her a couple days ago we would be to busy to make it :innocentwhistle: and then this hit.  She called this morning and told us to stay home[which was really quite pointless other than she likes to think she is in charge :wink:.  I may have to open a road to town sometime today as I'm down to twenty litres of coke :madd:.  Also I may get a few more post's up today  :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Keep that [pile of stuff behind a cow] up there we don't want it down here
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Okanagan

Pitw,  hole up and stay warm, and post some more stories.

Bopeye

Be careful Barry and stay warm. Glad you got to miss out on seeing the "in-laws".  :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

Thanks bop.  If we were going fishing or hunting I imagine we could have got through :alscalls:.

Tikaani

Stay warm Barry, good chatting withj you this AM.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

HaMeR

Nothing like that here. I don't moind some snow but I don't like the winds like that. I never get ahead with the shoveling. lol  Stay warm & ration that Coke!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

You can keep all the snow and wind north of the border.  We had about an inch of snow overnight and that is more than I really wanted.

Stay warm,

Jerry

pitw

You can bet that the only way to take a backroad now is to wear snow shoes, ride a sled or ski. :argh:  Wind let up but the snow hasn't and the temp is plunging.  Two boys are driving me nuts with their fighting and ball playing :madd:.  Times like this makes me glad I'm as self sufficient as I am cause we sure ain't hungry or cold :biggrin:

MI VHNTR

There's been close to two feet of the white stuff here since Friday afternoon courtesy of Lake Superior and N/NE winds. It is a balmy 17 F though.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

pitw

Quote from: MI VHNTR on January 08, 2011, 09:40:42 PM
There's been close to two feet of the white stuff here since Friday afternoon courtesy of Lake Superior and N/NE winds. It is a balmy 17 F though.

You fellows over by the lakes always have my sympathy when it comes to snow.  We get little compared to you but with the vast open spaces ours moves around a mite.  hope you get through it all fine with your overloaded roofs and such.  How much water is in your snow compared to ours I wonder.  We generally work on a 10" of snow to 1" of water here.

golfertrout

i feel for you Barry, hope it warms up for you :biggrin: its in the 70s here and ive been fishing every day.lol    :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

FinsnFur

So how'd ya make out? Did you at least get your coke?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I got the yard blew out to the West today and there has been nobody by.  Tevis just got here at 6pm for supper[and a bed] with 2-24 packs of coke :bowingsmilie: and grapes.  Says the bus ain't gonna make it tomorrow so the boys will be home learning again :eyebrow:

Bob took some pics this morning but not of the biggest drifts :doh2:

MI VHNTR

Quote from: pitw on January 08, 2011, 09:48:45 PM
Quote from: MI VHNTR on January 08, 2011, 09:40:42 PM

You fellows over by the lakes always have my sympathy when it comes to snow.  We get little compared to you but with the vast open spaces ours moves around a mite.  hope you get through it all fine with your overloaded roofs and such.  How much water is in your snow compared to ours I wonder.  We generally work on a 10" of snow to 1" of water here.

The NWS here uses a general formula for snow to water. 1 foot of snow = 1 inch of water. This snowfall was a bit "drier" since the air mass coming over the lake was very cold. It dropped to 4 F overnight.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

Looks like she's piling up pretty good.
Our stock pile is diminishing here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Gotta love a storm. :eyebrownod:  Got a phone call this morning from a lady who lives three miles East of me and she was  :mad2:.  Started out screaming at me that the snow plow hasn't been by her place yet and that I should do something about it :confused:.   Told her I was still snowbound too and that I have not been on the council since '91 :iroll:.  None of that mattered as she needed to vent[I think she had a gas build up second to none :wink:] and I appeared to be the only one would listen[Seems her husband had braved the field in his truck to get out :alscalls:]. 

HaMeR

3-6" here tomorrow & some more on Wednesday.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

We got a 90% chance of snow tonight.  Hope the wind dies down some.   :readthis:

pitw

Got the yard cleaned out at 2:30 today and the plow came by at 3:30 :yoyo:.  Lady who called this morning did it again at 3:45 syaing,"Thanks so much for getting them moving" :shock2: :laugh2:.  So I said,"Your welcome but you have used up your get of a snow bank free card" :innocentwhistle:.  I wonder when the thought flying around her head will finally roost :alscalls:.