• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jeremiah Johnson

Started by nastygunz, January 29, 2011, 02:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

ON TONIGHT AT 8:00 ON THE AMC CHANNEL, ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES BY ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER, ROBERT REDFORD IN "JEREMIAH JOHNSON"...EVERYTIME I SEE THIS MOVIE I WANNA GRAB MY MUZZLE LOADER AND MY JACKOLINKS BEEK JERKY AND DISSAPPEAR INTO THE MOUNTAINS !!

" His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows whereabouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below. "

HuntnCarve

We call him "Tikaani" John in these parts.. :wink:

Hidehunter

Got it on DVD.  Definatly a good one.  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

Tikaani

Thanks Dave, unfortunately not even in the same league, I sleep in a bed most nights, my tent is nicer than some homes and every damn thing I own has an engine and a winch on it.  The only comparison would be that I like being alone.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

Quote from: Tikaani on January 29, 2011, 05:46:59 PM
Thanks Dave, unfortunately not even in the same league, I sleep in a bed most nights, my tent is nicer than some homes and every damn thing I own has an engine and a winch on it.  The only comparison would be that I like being alone.

John

I hope you blush too :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

I love that part where he finds old Del Gue buried up to his bald head by the Indians, and Del Gue asked him if he happened to have an extra hat, shade was kinda scarce around there.  A true classic movie. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Tikaani

Tikaani

Quote from: pitw on January 29, 2011, 05:50:13 PM
Quote from: Tikaani on January 29, 2011, 05:46:59 PM

John

I hope you blush too :laf: :laf:.

I was a somewhat embarrassed Barry, I am just an average guy that is fortunate to live in an unique part of our great country.

John

pitw

Quote from: Tikaani on January 29, 2011, 06:42:24 PM

I am just an average guy   

Yep and me and bop are just quiet visitors to this site too :readthis:.  Your tales of adventure give all of us something to dream about :highclap: :highclap:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

You might have a few modern conveniences John, but you still have all of our utmost respect for the way you live your life. :congrats:  We can't find the kind of "solitude" that you experience here in the lower fortyeight.  Takes an admirable person to handle it.  You live up to the title in our book. :highclap:

weedwalker

Just finished watching it. DAMN GOOD movie. :yoyo:

BigB

I just got done watching it too.  A great movie that I hadn't seen in a while. There's an encore presentation on right now too.  AMC channel.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Bills Custom Calls

Yep I have it n right now
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

nastygunz

I think the old mountain man he first meets, Bear Claw, is also Grandpa Walton, another classic  :yoyo:

Bopeye

I am watching it right now myself........again.  :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

Yeah thats a goodin. I have it on DVD as well.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

possumal

I believe it is even available on a high definition dvd now for you guys who enjoy that kind of picture.  I agree with Nasty that Will Geer's part is classic, especially bringing that grizzly right through his cabin and telling Jeremiah to take care of that one, and he'll bring him back another one.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff