• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What a Trip

Started by Bills Custom Calls, February 18, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

The Boss give me a heads up that I had to go to Virginia to pick up a truck he bought and then he asked if Chris would be able to drive our Durango down to get me there so I could drive this truck back.
My first thought was the last 2 times he bought a truck through an online auction and they told him it runs and drives we had to have both  towed in 1 had a hole in the block and the other the fuel pump was junk.
Chris made the arrangements and got Thursday and Friday off work in order to go.
Thursday 2am I get up get some coffee down and wake Chris up at 3am and out the door and on the road about 4:45am so far so good

At 9am we decide to get something to eat Cracker Barrel in Southern WVA looks good and here is where it starts to go down hill.
I am setting there looking at the menu and I see this stuff called sawmill gravy well I just have to ask,the waitress is telling me it is flour gravy with some spices in it you know it is sausage gravy without the sausage  :laf: so it is white gravy right  well yes but with some pepper  :nono:
yep I got it with my order we ate and left (not the greatest food)
about 1pm we get to the truck,I start asking questions why was this truck sold here if it wasn't wrecked or repo'ed  their response was the dealer was just thinning out some stuff that he couldn't sell on his lot.That should have rang the bell for me but it didn't
I get to the truck and start looking it over pull the dipstick the oil was just changed,should have rang another bell.Take the cap off the radiator I put 4 gallon of antifreeze in it but I find a heater hose leaking easy fix shut the valves off to the heater. I start the truck and discover an air tank has a hole but it does build air I can still drive this,out the gate and up the road to a fuel stop 2 mile away. I put $400 of fuel in the tanks and wanted to top of the radiator and when I open the hood to my surprise the oil dipstick has been pushed up and we have blow by
pressure build up in the crankcase.Not Good  :nofgr: I pull the dipstick to see this nice clean oil has turned a milky color  :doh2: a phone call to the boss and I explain to him this is the worst thing that could happen cause water in the oil and could result in taking the bearings out and then it could very well be junk.
I seen a place about 15 miles up the road I will check there all agreed so I head up the road and about another mile the truck just quit  and I can't get it started turns over but no start
While I was talking with the tow truck driver Chris did get this pic
1988 peterbuilt

We leave there and go find a Motel room and we were not there long when we noticed we had critters in the room we packed up asked for a refund headed the Durango North and didn't stop till we got home at 4am this morning
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Sounds like you and Chris got to spend some quality time together.  That isn't all bad.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I can just hear the wife ranting and raving. :alscalls:
I find it hard to believe that someone would spend that kind of money online for anything used. Man what a risk.

By the way, what kind of critters were ya sharing the room with?  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rich Higgins

Bill,  I'll give $300 for the whole shebang.
At the rate gas prices are rising here that $400 bucks worth in the tanks is probably a good investment.

Bills Custom Calls

Jerry
we had a great time seen some sights we would have never seen if we didn't go after this truck

Jim
Chris was more understanding then I thought she would be
I am no expert but it looked as though the bed bugs were taking over the motel
The boss spent $4700 on this truck he now has to pay the auction fees he paid me and Chris furnished the gas and our meals would have paid for the motel if we stayed
a tow bill $400 in fuel that won't get used for awhile and now he is have a garage down there look at the truck to see what the problem is.
He will get someone to haul the truck here or I will go down with our truck and lowboy something I suggested before we even went down yesterday,but he has made the statement When Bill makes any suggestions it just confuses me and I don't listen anyway

Rich if you would make a $5,000.00 offer on that truck you would own it  :alscalls:

The boss says  So this is business
Ask for a raise and you hear I can't afford to pay you any more then you make now and you make enough for what you do :rolleye:

iahntr

Interesting little road trip there !  :laf:
Scott

pitw

So now is your Boss gonna stretch it and sell for $50,000 :shrug:.  I bet you did enjoy the trip up until the truck quit :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: pitw on February 18, 2011, 08:34:53 PM
  So now is your Boss gonna stretch it and sell for $50,000 :shrug:

Nope not unless he could get a Canadian to buy it

kyfuzzyface

Old Well Bill, All in a days work  :rolleye:
Fuzzy