• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Evening hunts?

Started by JDBinTN, March 01, 2011, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDBinTN

Do any of hunt coyotes in late evening? Do you use same calling tactics as in the mornings? The reason I ask is I am afraid by hunting late coyotes will hold in cover and just wait till dark and I'll only make them call shy.

pitw

Of course I ain't limited by land so I call them all day when I'm out.  They come good to the call in the evening, sorta like it's a race to the first meal.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

We cant do it here in Wisconsin, but I have had the opportunity to hunt several nights down in Texas under the skillful hands of Randy Watson. And I think anyone that has done it will say that the night gives the coyotes a better piece of mind, they are more willing, more comfortable if you will.

Keep in mind the night is the second best tool they have, and they can utilize it 10 fold better then you or I? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 08, 2011, 05:23:25 PM
Keep in mind the night is the second best tool they have, and they can utilize it 10 fold better then you or I? :wink:

Maybe you :alscalls: :alscalls:.

WldWldWest

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on March 08, 2011, 05:32:25 PM
Quote from: FinsnFur on March 08, 2011, 05:23:25 PM

Maybe you :alscalls: :alscalls:.

Easy there Papa Smurf. I'm pretty sure I can get Wilma to back me up on where your headed with this one.
ram pasture, popcorn for supper boy
:eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Like another bowl of popcorn could hurt eh :readthis:.  The target is just to easy to hit sometimes, even if we do smell up the place :innocentwhistle:.

RonManci

Quote from: JDBinTN on March 01, 2011, 06:47:02 PM
Do any of hunt coyotes in late evening? Do you use same calling tactics as in the mornings? The reason I ask is I am afraid by hunting late coyotes will hold in cover and just wait till dark and I'll only make them call shy.

I only night hunt and I have never seen them bed up at night. They will wait until dark to start moving, but then they usually keep moving until an hour or so after sunrise. That's here in NYS anyway. Completely nocturnal. Really the only time guys kill coyotes during the day around here is during whitetail season. They see one while hunting deer, and pull the trigger. Other then that, everyone I know, hunts at night.

Carolina Coyote

I do think they come in better at night but I have had better success in closing the deal in daytime, no particular time of the day.  if they Hongry or pissed off they come. cc