• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What's with the polygraph test for the winners of the Mosquito Creek Coyote Hunt

Started by clubmkred, March 02, 2011, 09:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clubmkred

Anybody participate in last weekend's hunt? Any idea why they instituted the polygraph?

5 SHOTS

A guy up here was entering the contests and then having his whole family and friends all out hunting. they would all meet up after and then he would take all the coyotes to check in and claim he had shot them all himself. They finally caught him last year with a poly. Another guy got caught with a bunch of coyotes in cages behind his barn. He was shooting them and taking them to check in, claiming to have called them during the contest.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

clubmkred

I assume that those persons are banned from further hunts? Not sure that I would do too well under a polygraph. Even though I would have hunted honestly, I think I would be nervous in front of all of those people.

pitw

Well by golly if you got to cheat to win then there is a serious problem with some thinking somewhere. :doh2:  I can't cheat a 7/11 clerk out of a nickel cause it would just wreck my sleeping mode :nofgr:.  Did they shoot the cheaters to get that particular gene out of the pool :wo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

eleaf

What could drive someone to cheat a coyote hunt competition? The prize can't be that big, can it?

clubmkred

I don't know. You tell me if it is worth it? I, myself, couldn't cheat.

Fact sheet for the 2011 hunt:

Total # registered………………….....3541

Total female registrations…….…..3270

Total prize money………………..….$34,868.00

Top weight…………………………..….$   7,082.00

2nd top weight………………………....$   4,249.20

3rd top weight………………………..…$   2,832.80

Top Female…………………………..….$   6,540.00

Each coyote will divide equally ..$14,164.00

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: pitw on March 02, 2011, 11:04:27 AM

Well by golly if you got to cheat to win then there is a serious problem with some thinking somewhere. :doh2:  I can't cheat a 7/11 clerk out of a nickel cause it would just wreck my sleeping mode :nofgr:.  Did they shoot the cheaters to get that particular gene out of the pool :wo:.

I agree Barry  :congrats: :congrats:
Fuzzy

bigben

its all about the money.  some groups of hound hunters have been cheating for years.  not all hounders cheat though.  just takes one to make em all look bad though.  wish they would get rid of the money in general.  some people make coyote hunting a business opportunity in the winter.  many hunts are held on the same weekend and they enter the same 4 or so coyotes in all the hunts that weekend.  and all the hunts are focused pretty much in late feb and early march.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

5 SHOTS

I'm sure those guys were banned from the contest they were in, (should have been thrown in jail, or shot) but I don't know if they were banned from the other area contests. I myself don't even think about entering the contests because there are other ways to cheat and I don't think it would be fun knowing there might be someone cheating. Besides, I'm not the competitive type.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Coyote competitions have a history of causing greed to rear it's ugly head in certain people. Thats why the LBL will never be a hunting contest, and the things givin away are never hunting prizes.  When I was at PM we agreed on the same thing. The annual event would never be a hunting contest.

Who knows what it is that agitates the chemistry in some people. Heck I read a post here not too long ago where a claim was made to have killed hundreds of coyotes.  :laf: But no one ever seen or heard a thing about any of them.  :nono:

And for what?  :shrug: ...no one knows but the spiritually coveted one.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Wal, I think we oughtta polygrump pitw about how many porcupines he claims to have seen this winter.  And about how many peanuts he didn't grow also.  It just don't look right to me. :eyebrownod:

An' we should poly Bopeye for souping up his sunset pic colours with computerized painshop or photoshop or whatever its called.  You let a little dishonesty in and it creeps up all around, don't you know, incremental like.  First thing you know people will be claiming they can kill a coyote with a .22 long rifle or even a .204.  Tain't right.  We gotta hold the line for truth or nobody will know whether to believe a man's campfire yarn or not.   Golfertrout and fish catching?   :wo: C'mon, Jim, you gotta poly the man before letting him post. :alscalls:

pitw

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Okanagan

If there's a contest or even a game, some people are going to cheat.  Add prize money to guarantee cheating by somebody sooner or later.  A contest where everybody drives out of sight for hours and then comes back is ripe for cheating.  I don't trust poly tests either.  Always have had a distaste for hunt contests of any kind, and this reinforces it.  I've nothing against those who enter, just don't care for it myself and think it degrades things.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on March 02, 2011, 08:06:38 PM

Only ones we stopped to get pictures of :doh2:.

Them pore naked little critters shivering in the cold without any leaves to hide and protect them.  Where are the environmentalists when animals need them?  No doubt the leaves fell off of those trees due to Bush and global warming, and the pore little creatures suffer for it, exposed out in the cold.  For shame.  Those trees need a hug.  You need some Californians from San Francisco up your way to show folks how to hug a tree and keep the leaves from falling off.

pitw

What the fellow who owned them trees needed was a couple of dead porcupines  :wink:.  Only trees for miles and they were doing there best to kill them :doh2:.