• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Check your hunting/fishing license....

Started by coyotehunter_1, March 05, 2011, 08:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

They maybe expired.   

In Tennessee ours go out on Feb. 28.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

WldWldWest

There goes another 130.00 hard earned bones! :confused:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

alscalls

I had to get a new one Jan. 1st.  ($38) Thanks for the heads up!  ya never know......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

:confused:
  What do you hunt now that requires a license :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Everything in Ohio Barry. Unless you're a landowner. And I have no idea what the acreage is to qualify for a landowner liscense anymore. You may have to just live outside of the town/city limits.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

Here in WV,  I dont need a license to hunt on my own land..... but I must have one to hunt any where else in the state....  $38 covers my hunting and fishing for the year unless I want to buy additional tags for deer, bear... boar ect...... Which I should not need as I kill my meat on my own land most of the time...
The license is needed even for coyotes and that's where I travel around a lot so I needed it for that more than anything....
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Quote from: pitw on March 05, 2011, 08:58:12 AM
Even a ground hog  :shrug:.

Yep.  :shrug: 

Then on top of that most everything here in Ohio has a season like the rest of the States. Groundhogs,coyote, & hogs have no season yet we still need a liscence.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

Probably a bit boring but there are quite a few exemptoins above what I mentioned.

License Exemptions

Hunting Licenses Exemptions

Certain categories of persons are exempted from buying various licenses, permits, and/or stamps.

• Landowners, spouses and their children - Are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, antlerless deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp when they are hunting or trapping on land they own.

• Tenants and their children on land on which they reside and from which they derive the majority (more than 50%) of their income from agricultural production on that land - Are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, antlerless deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp when they are Hunting or trapping on land where they reside.

• Landowners’ grandchildren who are under 18 years of age - Are not required to have a hunting license or an Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp while hunting on their grandparent’s land. All other licenses and permits are required.

• Ohio residents who are holders of veteran’s license plates displaying the international wheelchair symbol - Must apply in writing for a free hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, spring or fall turkey permits and Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp. Applications are available at wildohio.com.

• Certain permanently disabled veterans who are Ohio residents - Must apply in writing for a free hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, turkey permit, and Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp. Applications are available at wildohio.com.

• Ohio residents who are Former Prisoners of War - Must apply in writing for a free hunting license, fur taker permit, and Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp. All other licenses and permits are required. Applications are available at wildohio.com.

• Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty, while on leave or furlough - Are not required to purchase a hunting license or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp or Furtaker Permit. All other licenses and permits are required.

• Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty stationed in Ohio, but NOT on leave or furlough - Are required to purchase a resident Ohio hunting license and other applicable permits before hunting deer, turkey, or hunting/trapping furbearers, and an Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp for waterfowl before hunting any migratory waterfowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vayotehowler

virginia(commonwealth, uhh i mean nothing common about it ) is proposing land owners will need to buy a license now to hunt has been brought up several times now. if so guess i will be a poacher on the kings , uh uh I mean govenors land. I totally disagree with it . we do need a license to hunt elsewhere as i am sure like in Ohio if we hunt somewhere else

FinsnFur

Ours all run from March 31st to March 31st every year.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Yep last day of March here in IN as well. We also have the land owner exemptionl and a few other exemptions for diasbled, active milatry and retired persons.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

Kentucky licenses expire February 28.  Same for the LBL permit.

FOsteology

Mine never expires. Purchased a Lifetime hunting license from TPWD a few years back.

Bopeye

Glad you said something Chet. I hadn't even thought about it. Glad I didn't go hunting yesterday, because it would have been my luck that I would have ran into a warden. First time in over 20 years. That seems to be when you see them. Last time I was dove hunting (20+) years ago and didn't have a plug in my shotgun. I saw him coming down the row checking licenses and plugs and thats when it dawned on me. I grabbed a little stick, stripped it real quick and put it in my gun. Didn't have a clue if it was going to be to specs or not. When he got to where we were hunting, the very first thing he asked was, "How many of you boys crammed a stick in your gun for a plug when you saw me"? I thought for sure I was busted, but he never even checked.  :whew: :laf:
It's the goofy little things that always got me. I bet if I went poaching every night for a year I would never see a warden. Let me have the wrong ammo for the game I'm hunting or tossed my lunch out and the would get me for the ammo or baiting.  :eyebrownod: :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

We had the lifetimes back in the mid 80's but they did away with them when they relized how much money they thought they were loosing by people not having to purchase them every year.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.