• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Kacee cant log in

Started by BMD, April 18, 2011, 07:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMD

Jim Kacee can still only sign on using my phone, her computer and her iPhone ip addresses are blocked. Ids there a way to fix it?  As I posted lasted last under her name?   Help

FinsnFur

There's something weird going on with that :confused: Isnt this like the third time she's had trouble?

We worked on this last month for days and days and it ended up being, she forgot her password. Which I tested and you tested in the thread posted here. And then you both said we fixed it.
I doubt it's a blocked IP, you two are generating from the same IP Pool.

What's an IP Pool? A subnet or series of revolving IP address's within a numerical range.

Let me look through the logs and see what I can find out, if she's being blocked it will clearly show it in the logs as a failed attempt. But I'm really doubting that is the case. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BMD

No she never was able to sign on after we got is straight except on my phone, I think she has blocked her ip on her phone and her computer back when we had the issue she has no problems with my phone but I never logged off and I guess yesterday she logged in on my phone and for got to log off and I didn't look and posted under her name  :doh2:

FinsnFur

So in that thread when you said;

Quote from: LiL-Hammer on March 22, 2011, 11:45:40 AM
Kacee can now log in. Woohoo.  Thanks admin!!!!

She will be posting after school :yoyo: :highclap:

....that wasnt true? :confused:

I'm not sure how to fix this. I'm not even sure what the problem is.
I went through the logs, and these are the only listings from you and her this month showing any signs of problems, so far.

Today at 08:50:00 AM
Password incorrect - BMD

Yesterday at 07:35:01 AM
Password incorrect - LiL-Hammer

April 16, 2011, 04:25:41 PM
Password incorrect - LiL-Hammer

April 15, 2011, 11:42:45 PM
Password incorrect - BMD

Both you and her generate from an IP Pool thats prefixed with 166
So I went through the banned IP address's and I only have one IP address beginning with 166 that is banned. It belongs to a Predator Masters moderator and it has only been hit on once in the last 3 years. Which means no one has tried logging in or even viewing as a guest with that IP for 3 years now.

Plus when someone gets banned via IP address they are shown a message when they try to visit, which reads "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum". It also shows that message in the log under the IP address.

All your messages so far as mentioned, are "Password incorrect"

I do have one IP address that is repeatedly hitting the forum and getting rejected upon arrival. That IP address is 91.201.66.129 and it belongs to the Russian Federation. So I know it's not her, and it can be checked out here http://www.topwebhosts.org/tools/ip-locator.php
That IP has made 1164 attempts since the time of this posting and is not even in the same IP pool as you guys.

Is she using some internet provider like AOL, comcast, or Roadrunner, that could be cause this?
Do you want me to try and make a new password for her?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

BMD

I assumed cause I cld log in on my phone she would be able to.  :doh2:  she has been using my phone I knew she couldn't log in on her phone and thought she could on her computer, not sure when she got it blocked.  Maybe if we made her a LiL-Hammer2 sign on it would be easier.  :grin:

BMD

Her phone is safari, and her computer is firefox

BMD

BMD

I tried to log on to her computer this am with my user I'd and it said wrong password, I wish I knew more about computers but was scared to try again again and block my account, when I pick her up from school, we will sit down with both phones and her computer, those are the two issues cause I am pretty sure she can long in on her mothers computer, maybe there is something blocking it on her computer and I have no clue what it is with her phone as it says password incorrect but it works on my phone  :confused: :doh2:

I tried to call but no answer.  You are more than welcome to call 214-549-8496

BMD

I was junking I bet if we clear the cookies on her phone and her computer it will work!  Will let you know this afternoon

BMD

FinsnFur

I had to run to the post office. I seen the missed call flashing but there wasnt any message and the name didnt ring any bells. I'm a target for salespeople and surveys freaks, so I try to avoid most of it when I can. :laf:

I dont know what creating a new account for her with a new name is going to do, but I'm more then willing to go through the motions to put the idea to rest. If she was being blocked or banned by us it would show. But if you'd like to try it, let me know, it's definitely not a problem,  or have her sign up and I'll override the duplication flag when it hits on it.

Let me know what clearing out the phone and computer does.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

BMD

It's like arubics cube. Thanks will let you know

LiL-Hammer

Ok Jim I am om hers on my phone that ip is different than the one you posted.   I hope the ip I sent you helps will pm u ip from her computer soon

LiL-Hammer

Pm sent with her computer ip address.

LiL-Hammer

She said she got on with my computer not hers  :doh2:

FinsnFur

Nope :sad: They both came up clean. They arent listed in the system anywhere. Not as being blocked, not as even belonging to anyone. Which makes me wonder if they've ever even been used on here.

It just doesnt make any sense. Especially since those IP's are almost identical to yours. I just dont even know what to try anymore it doesnt make any sense.
You can log in but she cant, but nobody can on her phone or her computer.  So the problem is still those two devices, but why?

I would shut them down, disconnect them from the internet, then fire them back up and reconnect them.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

LiL-Hammer

Let me playeith her phone and see what I can do

LiL-Hammer

Wont work I tried to get her new account as lil hammer2

LiL-Hammer