• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Started by pitw, April 21, 2011, 08:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

There are some great people in the world.  We got a box in the mail.

That was so well wrapped it took this fellow

20 minutes to break into it.

Finally

In the box were the most wonderful items for a family to see.  First out were some crumpled up Midway catalogue pages

That slowed the process down a mite as we had to go through and see just how much more things cost up here.

Then came a hand made wooden bowl that I'm sure was made for peanuts but I will use for popcorn so that it gets some use.  I need some info on this baby as I need to know type of wood and methods of building.

Then a book[catalogue] that I've spent a couple hours enjoying as it is my kind of stuff.

After which Donny spied on to these box's and things slowed down again.

While they looked at them.

Then it was back into the box.

For another box

Filled with seeds for us to try and get plants from.

Even got cotton seed still inside the cotton and I ain't never saw that before.

So now you can see Carl through my lens as I am learning to see him.  I was expecting some peanut seeds with maybe a cotton ball thrown in but he just didn't stop there.  Instead he goes above and beyond to make my family feel great and the learning will be invaluable.   Thanks Carl.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

That was like Christmas in April right there. Thanks for the pics. It was almost like being there.

OH those persimmon seeds. I have had better luck getting them to germinate after leaving them in the freezer for 3-4 months. They have to think they have been through a good winter before mother nature will let them wake up. Same with Paw-paw seeds.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jeb

coyote101

That is quite the treasure trove Barry. I really like that bowl.  :highclap: I hope the seeds work out for you.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Neat presents.  Next thing we know you will be the Peanut and Cotton King of Canada.  Now go get planting so that those seeds can grow before it snows.

Jerry

KySongDog

Very nice gesture on Carl's part.   :congrats:   

I like that wooden bowl.  Very nice.   ;yes;

shaddragger

:congrats: WOW! Carl must be kin to Claus !
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

FOsteology

Looks like that bowl will hold a handful or two of popcorn!

Good to see you back on FnF Barry.

Okanagan

Quote from: Semp on April 21, 2011, 11:20:43 AM
Very nice gesture on Carl's part.   :congrats:   

I like that wooden bowl.  Very nice.   ;yes;

Ditto to both of those comments.

Here at this place I've met some fine, generous people, and, Barry, you are one of them.  Glad to see some is coming back your way.

bambam

FinsnFur

Looks like you even got paid to take the seeds.
Alcalls must have shipped the bowl to South Carolina to hitch a ride up to the border.
That stuff'll keep ya busy :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Well I am Glad the box made it to Canada, The Bowl was Hand made by my 85 year old Aunt, she has made hundreds of them along with a lot of other kinds of bowls and Carvings, she was recently Inducted into the South Carolina Hall of Fame for her work. She along with one other sister are the only living of my Mothers family that had 16 Children, 8 boys and 8 Girls. The Bowls are considered collectors items around here and she sells them as fast as she makes them. I am pleased that Barry and his Family enjoyed the package, I have enjoyed Barry and his family being on FinsandFur and hope they continue participating. I sent along some Okra seed and Persimmon Seed and some Butternut Squash seed along with the Cotton Seed with a couple of items for the Lads and hope they enjoy. cc

iahntr

Well that is VERY COOL !!   Both, what you did for Barry and his family,
and the fact that the bowl was made by your 85 yr old aunt.  :bowingsmilie:     :congrats:

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 21, 2011, 04:53:50 PM
I have enjoyed Barry and his family being on FinsandFur and hope they continue participating.
I would agree.    ;yes;
Scott

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

Purdy cool thing you done Carl!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

FinsnFur

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 21, 2011, 04:53:50 PM
The Bowl was Hand made by my 85 year old Aunt, she has made hundreds of them along with a lot of other kinds of bowls and Carvings, she was recently Inducted into the South Carolina Hall of Fame for her work. She along with one other sister are the only living of my Mothers family that had 16 Children, 8 boys and 8 Girls.

How cool is that? :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vayotehowler

It is great to see people still care . I know carl hooked me up with the persimmon seed i asked for last year as well . sent me like 120 of em. They are hard to grow from seed because of the hard  casing they are in . I take carve them or sand them down. Once you get the dark color off there is a brown layer and below that is the gray area of the cotyleden, i use a pocket knife to carve the edges until see the gray and the take as much of the brown off until see gray, then plant them in peat moss starters until I get a sprout out of the bottom. The persimmons should have a pointy end to the seed , that pointy end is where the taproot comes out . I usually try to expose as much of that little button of the tap root so it can soak up the water . . I have three trees that are growing well right now , lost about 20 seeds. either rotted in the peat or didnt take. hope this helps you grow yours too!!!!! Way to go Carl