• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Look at this crazy cell!!

Started by Bopeye, April 27, 2011, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

A gal I work with sent this to me a little while ago. It just a couple miles from where I live. It is out by Peavine Exit on I-40.
Mallardsr, do you remember the motel you stayed in a few years ago when I took you to try and howl up a coyote. This is the exit where that motel is located. There have been over 100 confirmed tornados today in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee. Eight people have died so far that I have heard about. CCP was going through it bad just a little while ago as well. They are coming from where he lives, up through Chattanooga and following the valley (Hog Trough) right up here where I live and as far east as the Smoky Mtns. Knoxville has been hit. Chattanooga and Birmingham have too. I watched as a they showed a tornado touch down close to Birmingham.
Here's the rotation she took just down the road from me.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

That sure looks wicked I am guessing it never formed into anything then
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

She didn't say if it did and I haven't heard anything on the news. Mary said it was really rolling up there. She took the picture and then got the heck outta there.
I know one touchdowned north of town on what we call Potato Farm. Just tore up a bunch of trees.

Mallardsr

I remember, James......Great pic! Rich is at home in the dark!

Bills Custom Calls

Stay safe down that way Bop

Weather man predicts flash flooding for here tonight sometime as much as an inch an hour
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Thats jacked man! :sad3: Baxter called me tonight and I could hear the tornado sirens blaring in the background. They were so loud it sounded like the end of the world, Adolph air strike or something.

He said they were surrounded by tornadoes and the horns were blowing every few seconds. I gotta say it was an EEERY sound hearing that in the background like that. wow!

Next thing I know the phone went dead.  :sad3:
He texted me a couple minutes later and said the power was out...aint heard from him since :sad:

Actually I did...he said the powers not expected to come back on till tomorrow sometime. So I can only imagine what he's doing setting there in the dark right now :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

Nasty lookin' stuff there, Bop! Ya'll stay safe. It's supposed to roll through here in NC overnight!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Hawks Feather

Neat picture, but I wish it was one that none of us would see.  Keep your head down.

Jerry

Bopeye

On the phone with CCP right now. They have left their house and headed north. No power for days. Trying to get it to the hospitals and essential areas. Gas pumps won't work. They are mainly leaving because the sewer won't work now, so I would say things could get a little smelly. He's trying to make it to Chattanooga possibly. That's just an hour or so from me. I may head down that way this evening if he and the wife need anything.
Over 200 confirmed dead so far in five states. Alabama was the worst, but I think Tennessee has lost 15 or something like that. It's a mean scene right now.
Y'all be praying for CCP and the others. I remember 8 years ago when my parents lost their house in a tornado and 7 or 8 people I knew personally were killed. It is hard to recover, but it can be done.
Talked with another guy I know that is in Alabama right now. Said he drove past a mall that had been hit and they were using National Guard troops to keep the looters (Obama look alikes) out of there. That pisses me off when they do that. I know my dad never left his house when the tornado hit. I said the place was ruined and he didn't care because the stuff in there was his and he didn't want anyone else taking it. Armed with his .38 and double barrel 12, I would have loved to seen somebody try.  :laf:

bigben

thanks for the report on ccp bop.  I txt'd him this mornin but didn't hear anything back from him.  we had some wicked storms from the remnants of what you guys got.  windy and weird rainfall.  some formation of funnel clouds reported.  prayers sent to everyone that have been effected. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

coyotehunter_1

Bop, Richard... I glad you all are Ok. 

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

CCP

Power out for 5 to 7 days last I heard. I took off for gas and more supplies and we decided to do a mini vaction.  :wink: writing this from the motel in Pigen Forge Tn. When power gets back on at home will head back and get some pictures.

We were and still are very fortunate. Alot of people are dead or in a bad way.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Quote from: CCP on April 28, 2011, 09:29:36 PM
Power out for 5 to 7 days last I heard. I took off for gas and more supplies and we decided to do a mini vaction.  :wink: writing this from the motel in Pigen Forge Tn. When power gets back on at home will head back and get some pictures.

We were and still are very fortunate. Alot of people are dead or in a bad way.

Came within 20 miles of my house and just threw me the bird. My friend.  :pout:

I was very thankful when I heard your voice and to see you and Ms. Nat came out okay. It's a bad way for sure. Number of dead is about to hit 300 last I heard.  :sad:

You boys remember what I said about stocking up for disasters and such? Some of you said I was nuts. I wonder if this qualifies? How do you stock up on electricity and a functioning sewer though?  :wo: