• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What is Your Favorite Hunting Photo

Started by Tikaani, May 05, 2011, 01:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

I was going through some of my hunting photos and thought this might be interesting.  Of all your hunting or fishing photos, which is your favorite, which is the one that stirs the most memories.  Post the picture with the reason why it is the one.
John

Several years ago my wife had never seen a black bear in the wild, she finally decided to come with me one evening.  In came a sow with her two cubs, one a cinnamon, at one point something alerted them and they scampered up a spruce tree and she shot this photo.  Why is it the one, she got to see a black bear, cubs and a cinnamon all in one night and ever since when I head out to hunt bears, she is almost always with me camera in hand.

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

nastygunz

I have literally thousands of pictures but the one that always gets me is this one of Pops with his beagles...Oh how he loved his dogs and they loved him right back...he was an old school woodsman..and his greatest love in the field was hunting snowshoe hare with his beagles:

shaddragger

I have lots of hero shots, pretty landscapes and sunrises. I do not have a lot of photos of both my kids in the woods. My daughter caught on to turkey hunting last year and passed the test for her license at Christmas. I had scouted a pretty good bird on Thursday and they both got the same day off work for a rare Dad/teenager trip on Friday. Unfortunately, neither the birds or the weather cooperated. It rained steadily all morning and we only saw one hen, but I got to watch them together in the woods. They picked constantly in the blind, in the truck, at the restaurant over breakfast, and they laughed the whole time. I think the only one who noticed the rainy wether was me, but it was one of the best trips i've ever had.
P.S. My son spotted the deer skull he is holding when we got out of the blind to leave, so we still got a trophy for the day!
Allen

FinsnFur

I'm going to have to dig into the archives :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Shaddragger, thats a great pic and some day down the road they will look at that and laugh and remember a great day in the woods with Dad  :wink:

iahntr

Good pics so far.  :congrats:
Well, it would be hard for me to pick just one,
there are a few that bring back special memories.
A couple I think I only have 35mm pics of. But,
ya know that this one would be tough to beat for me !  :biggrin:

Scott

HuntnCarve

It's pretty tough narrowing down my favorite photo, cause they're all dear to me in one way or another.. This one as any father can tell you, holds a special place in my heart.  It was taken by a friend. -Who disrupted his own hunt to walk down the mountain to snap it.  It's a photo of my son and me with his very first buck.  Most of you dads know the elation and pride that occurs at that moment in time.  It's balanced with a touch of sadness knowing that the moment is fleeting and will soon slip by buried under so many years.  There's been many more bucks for the boy in the subsequent years.  More than a decade has passed by since this was taken, and he's grown into a fine young man.  But when I see this photo, he's once again a small boy on his first deer hunt in the woods of Pennsylvania.  Thanks John, for starting a fine post.

Dave

George Ackley

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

shaddragger

:congrats: Dave, you've got me digging through my boy's photos with a lump in my throat. Many thanks to friends who give up their own time to help us document a father's moment, and to John for the idea to start this post!
Allen

FinsnFur

This would be mine, but man it's tough to choose one.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

shaddragger

Allen

Tikaani

These are some great pictures, it's good to dig out the pictures and remember some of those fond memories.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Okanagan

What a great topic! 

I love the photo of shadragger's son and daughter.  All are good and that's my favorite so far.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite and I don't like to put identifiable photos on the internet.  My older son with a brace of ground squirrels and his air rifle is a good one.  My younger son and his grandfather with a cougar we called is a good memory, as is both boys as youngsters with a black bear the older one shot when they were hunting near our house.

But I think my favorite one is below.  There is something evocative to me of my son walking away.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on May 08, 2011, 11:38:19 PM
But I think my favorite one is below.  There is something evocative to me of my son walking away.

Never mind the 235 pound Mountain Lion on his back...he's walking away. Right Okanagan :wink:
Thats a good pic.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

shaddragger

Allen

Okanagan

Yep, good pics.  Thanks.  I've been on the road or waaay out of cell and internet access for much of the last few weeks and am catching up on posts at leisure, with time for more than a quick visit.

It's good to see we're all hear still, after yesterday's countdown.  Guess that means we all still have a chance...   :huh:

Okanagan

Quote from: Tikaani on May 05, 2011, 01:02:03 AM

Man that's a fine picture of a cub.  Look at the size of the ears on that thing!

Dave

Well it's taken me a while as I've been wanting to post in this topic, but never quite found the right pic.  My screensaver thumbs through all my photos out of my computer and the one I keep looking at is below.  Probably 15 yrs or so ago, but just looking at this brings back tons of great memories that I have of hunting Eagles Nest Wilderness Area in Colorado with my brother, his son and a friend.  All do it yourself, hard work type of stuff.

FinsnFur

That is awesome. You guys look sooooooooooo small coming up out of that valley.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers