• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Found these prints..any ideas?

Started by Bopeye, February 22, 2007, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Found these prints the other day in the snow, but ain't sure what they are.......any ideas?

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

THO Game Calls

Was the night before a full moon?  If so, I bet on my ex wife

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Member - Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild & Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on February 22, 2007, 07:07:54 PM
Was the night before a full moon?  If so, I bet on my ex wife

:shck: :shck: .................... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

kiyitec

I'll go with Australian Shepard/Border Collie cross, slightly thin,  hip dysplasia, missing 3 teeth, and A nail infection.  Prolly' blue merle in color with one ghost eye.

Hey Bobeye, are you A stick jock?  I think I remember your name from 3-4 years ago.

~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

Bopeye

I guess not.....don't even know what a stick jock is........... :shrug:

FinsnFur

YES! He's a stick jock  :sneer:
Bopeye quit it  :eyebrownod:

Ohh  :holdon: and those are hamster trax
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kiyitec

Coulda swore I seen your name A few years ago on the calonlist.  Though that was you that was deployed to New Orleans after Katrina. 
                                                                      KT
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

Jimmie in Ky

Seems to me I saw several sets of tracks what looked just like that about 3 weeks ago. :eyebrownod: Jimmie

Bopeye

You saw several of those tracks?  :wo:  Where?  :confused:

canine

:hahaha:Bopeye=Stick Jock.............HAHAHAHA :roflmao: :roflmao: :eyebrownod:

Pecker tracks..................ooopppsss, I mean Peckeree tracks, you know the little varmint

JD
:yoyo:

Bopeye

kiyitec

First few seconds are A little lame, but make sure you can hear it.  Armed, armoured, full contact.  I am sure there is better videos of this out there, but this looked the best from A brief search.

Bopeye

Sheeeooooottt..........you won't catch me doing that!!!  :nono:

I'm a firm believer in "why use a stick, if your packing a colt".  :biggrin:

Silvertip

Bopeye,

I'd say Yote. The picture isn't real clear but the pad configuration looks right.

(I copied your image so I could add lines)

A coyote print is relatively longer than a dogs and the central pad sits further back in relation to the toe pads. This means that you can draw an X on the print, as shown, that doesn't touch the central pad. On a dog, the central pad is farther forward toward the toes and the X will cross a portion of the central pad. I've always found this a good way to tell Yote and Dog prints apart. Hope this little trick may help.

Silvertip
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

Bopeye

I know this is going to amaze some of you, because it did me when I saw them.

I saw the animal that made those tracks and I couldn't believe it myself.........here it is:

She's the one sitting directly in front of me. Look at her feet. I couldn't believe it myself.
I would have been fooled for sure unless I was there to witness it.  :wink:

Silvertip

Just goes to show you there are no hard and fast rules.
However, I wonder where her mama has been running around?

Silvertip
aka: Grizz - East Tennessee

Bopeye

I hope her mama has been running around with her daddy, but in this day and age......I dunno... :shrug: :wo: :eyebrownod:

Jimmie in Ky

Mebbe you better run her pedigree Bopeye. Something in the wood pile there if'n ya ask me. I would swear those were yote tracks and I have never seen any dog make such a set. But then I don't run into many of those glorified squirrel hounds much either. Jimmie