• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lions of Addo Elephant National Park, Eastern Cape South Africa

Started by FOsteology, May 29, 2011, 07:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Saw this series of photographs on another Forum. I do not know whom the photographer is, but I'm envious! He captured an absolutely amazing and awesome series of pictures reflecting everyday life and death that plays out every day on the dark continent.

My son 250_Savage and I ironically will be touring this same park (Addo Elephant National Park) on June 16. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to get some good pictures of the BIG 5.

CCP

Thats pretty damn amazing and the 2nd picture of the lion looking at the camera guy would make me want a Cannon but not the kind he had. :innocentwhistle:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

That lion is probably thinking "If plan A doesn't work out with this Kudu, you are plan B, camera guy."    :eyebrownod:

Great pictures!

FinsnFur

Wow, that's awesome. Its actually better then seeing it on TV, in it's own way, cause you can set here and analyze the pics and get play by play details.

I'll say one thing....I hope he had a nice zoom lens :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

That is some serious kudu air right there!!!!!!!!! Beautiful pictures!! Those Lions are ripped. The muscle structure of those animals never cease to amaze me.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Those are pretty neat and all I can say is that when I saw the first few pictures I was sure that it was lunch time for the lions.

Jerry

Dave

That is incredible.  How the heck did he get through all that? 

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 29, 2011, 11:01:45 PM
Wow, that's awesome. Its actually better then seeing it on TV, in it's own way, cause you can set here and analyze the pics and get play by play details.
That is great, because you really can see it play out better that way!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

vvarmitr

Looks like that young male lion took a pretty good whack to the chops w/ that one horn.  :huh:  He was in last place in the pride in the last pix.  :laf:
Looks like the kudu had a slash in his left rear leg.  :sad:

FOsteology

Amazing how that Kudu just powered through those lions.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FOsteology on May 31, 2011, 12:05:46 PM
Amazing how that Kudu just powered through those lions.

Remember that lesson when you get over there - don't worry about the lions, but watch out for the Kudu.

Jerry

Roundman

Man that's awesome. That is a great series of pictures. 

Tikaani

An absolutely amazing series of photos Fos.  It is amazing to see predators set up an ambush like that.  I was fortunate enough to see it once between two wolves and a herd of caribou.  Thanks for posting, I will look at them again and be sure to show them to a few friends.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.