• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WMA Hunt

Started by CCP, February 24, 2007, 12:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

We tried hunting a WMA this morning trying to get some public land footage. I wish I could say all went well but I cant. First off you all know how hard it is to hunt public land then throw a camera into the mix and drop your chances another 50%.

These pics kinda show how hard it is to try and film. This would have been a dead coyote if we were split up and just shooting.

This first frame grab  was when Jonathan (aka Paint had a shot. As you can see all I had was a nose and tail view.

This pic shows I have a good shot and he stood here along time. BUT Paint did not have a shot.

Here is a pic of him walking by at 30 yards but to thick to get a shot.

Here he is walking along the Lake edge trying to get down wind. The open areas in the pics are not fields but Guntersville lake. We were along way from any fields or houses.

It was still a good morning any time we see a coyote and get it on film is good to us. I do get aggravated at times and just want to hunt and kill coyotes.

We were able to work this coyote for around 8 to 10 minutes but we are limited to rimfire on the WMA a good load of buckshot would have taken this coyote down several times. The 22mag needs to have good shot placement.

Wrote this fast and have to go will write more details later.

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyotehunter_1

Good hunt... even though not a shot was fired.... :congrats:

Yep, that's a thicket.... tight shooting conditions... for sure!   :argh:
I've never hunted the Guntersville, Alabama area but I have been on the lake fishing for bass. Good looking coyote area.  :wink:

Chet   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Mallardsr

Guntersville lake?  :wo: How far from Goosepond?  Or the dam? Thanks for the pics! Scottsboro seems like a pretty good drive for an AM hunt for you Rich?

FinsnFur

Cool, thanks for bringing em in Rich.  :congrats:
Now git outta here, Mildred called from the waffle house and something something about dinners at so n so's house  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

:madd: :madd: If I was your shooter.........I'd be steamed...... :argh:

If you and I ever go hunting and you take that camera.........it's your problem if you can't see him.......I'll shoot and watch it run off whether your ready or not.... :pout:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

"throw a camera into the mix and drop your chances another 50%."  Here I have been thinking that you have been shooting movie dogs and as soon as they hear the camera click on they come running.  Do you mean that you actually have to use call in addition to the camera?  If that is the case I may have to cancel my order for that used camera from "Gone With my Scent".

Jerry

CCP

QuoteIf I was your shooter.........I'd be steamed...... argh

If you and I ever go hunting and you take that camera.........it's your problem if you can't see him.......I'll shoot and watch it run off whether your ready or not.... pout

The rules are nobody shoots till the camera man says. Which is a good idea because when the camera man says shoot you watch them die not run off :biggrin:

QuoteHere I have been thinking that you have been shooting movie dogs and as soon as they hear the camera click on they come running.

Hawk we are a very low budget company ( meaning were broke very poor so to speak) So we dont have the funds to hire real movie coyotes. So we are forced to get homeless out of work coyotes and they are almost impossible to train. We have had a few that ran in on cue but they only lasted one take. :biggrin:

Mallardsr were only about 13 miles from scottsboro and 15 from Goosepond
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Ladobe

Quote from: Bopeye on February 24, 2007, 10:47:31 PM
...I'll shoot and watch it run off whether your ready or not....

:roflmao:  I got it Bopeye  :roflmao:

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

cnichols33

Thanks for the pic's.  :congrats: I grew up not to far from there.

FinsnFur

Welcome to the board cnichols33  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Good stuff there Rich! I feel your pain.....lol

Brent