• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Black bear

Started by John_NY, June 13, 2011, 12:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

Not really a hunting photo and not exactly a good photo but I'm posting it anyway.  :eyebrownod:  I took my wife for a short ride today and as we came around a corner we seen a bear in the road. Of course by the time I rummaged through the junk in my car to find my camera and then get it turned on the bear was leaving. But I got one picture. I took a couple more off the side of the road but I couldn't see the bear in the picture, yet I could see it good in person. He's not a big bear but I got a good look when he was about 10 feet in front of the car staring at us. He was about 200 lbs maybe a little more. I probably have 20 calls in the car and never thought to use a one of them.  :doh2:  After looking at the picture I told my wife I was impressed how clean my windshield looks.  :alscalls: 

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

Do you see bears often in your area?  I have seen a couple many years ago in the Smoky mountains and then some out west.  But we don't allow them to stay around here, we send them down Glen's way.  Maybe a couple of them forgot to stop and made it to your place.   :wo:

Jerry

P.S.  Your windshield is looking pretty clean.  Crop out the wiper blade and I wouldn't know it was shot through a window.

hunter724

called these fellows in yesterday at 630am while coyote hunting.
tryed to get them closer because my camera is not so good.

John_NY

We have quite a few bears. The DEC has open new areas for bear hunting this coming season in other parts of the state. Up here in the adirondacks we have always had a season as far as I can remember. I can't say we have too many bears but at the same time seeing one is not uncommon. Now seeing one during bear season is a different story atleast for me.  :alscalls: 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

hunter724

same here i know the feeling i called a small bear into about 35 yards in the night last year....i switched from the dim headlamp to gunlight and about fell over when it stood up.....

when im bear hunting i see coyotes...guess thats the way it works most of the time....seeems you have the same kinda luck i take it...

John_NY

I just wait until everything is open and then I can shoot anything that comes in. I ain't fussy.  :eyebrownod: 

John