• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Walnut burl & Ivory

Started by Yotehntr, August 06, 2011, 12:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

:confused: Just to be honest I always wonder if I'm boring folks showing these calls.  My apologies if I am.  This call was really fun to build.  I bought the stabilized walnut burl over a year ago... I've wanted to use it, but the "mood" just hadn't hit. Then I was in Gatlinburg TN and bought a piece of elephant ivory at a knife shop (along with some walrus).  The ivory is so expensive it's a bit embarrassing to price to other folks. It is so so dang cool to use though, I just can't resist using it.  I didn't know how smooth elephant ivory was... the pics don't do it justice.  This call has a stabilized Walnut burl barrel, an Elephant Ivory bead, and an o-ring fitted, Hippo Ivory toneboard. (It's on it's way to the owner.)  For the folks that are curious... the Elephant Ivory is softer than than the hippo ivory.. it seems to "peel" off under the blade.  I can see why it was so popular, and ended up being banned.  If I could buy it cheap I'd hoard it up something terrible. LOL

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

John_NY

Beautiful call. I never get bored looking at them and hearing about the places you pick up the ivory. It's interesting to hear that the elephant ivory turns that much easier.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

coyotehunter_1

Quote:confused: Just to be honest I always wonder if I'm boring folks showing these calls.

Not boring in the least but removing all the drool from my keyboard every time you post a call is getting really old.   :laf:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hawks Feather

I enjoy seeing them and will probably never get tired of seeing them.  I also enjoy reading a little about them as well.

Jerry

coyote101

Beautifully done again Brad.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: Keep em coming.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Yotehntr on August 06, 2011, 12:44:52 AMFor the folks that are curious... the Elephant Ivory is softer than than the hippo ivory..

:alscalls:  I said "than than"   :doh2:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on August 06, 2011, 05:47:12 AM

Not boring in the least but removing all the drool from my keyboard every time you post a call is getting really old.   :laf:

+1  (Chet, I put a plastic cover over my keyboard before looking at Brad's calls.  It helps a lot with drool problems.)

Tikaani

Brad, I always take a look at your calls, it's never boring to look at fine craftsmanship.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.