• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My 2011 Hunting team

Started by Hidehunter, November 07, 2011, 07:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

This is Prissy and Dolly.  We use our Horses to get back into the backcountry for Rifle Season.  Miles and Miles from Nowhere where there are no 4 wheelers or vehicles.  They all are prohibited except horses, bicycles or walking.

This is me standing between them just to show their size.  I'm 6'4".  Sorry for bad pic and video quality, I did it with my cell phone yesterday.

This is my new colt and my little buddy.  He cant pack much yet but he is growing quick.

This is a little short video I recorded yesterday when we were working with our horses.  It doesnt look it but this is a steep hill they are pulling.  This is only the 2nd time we have had Prissy (spotted Horse) in the harness.  This is where good genetics come into play.  We added a tree behind the wagon so they would have a little more to pull.  They drug that log for about 10 miles yesterday.
Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Thats pretty cool. You know we are now going to expect plenty of action photos, and your phone does just fine.  :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

That's cool Hidehunter good luck on your hunt.cc

FinsnFur

I heard you say you were too fat for that walk.  :laf: You coulda tied that extra log around your waist and pulled er up there for a lil workout. :eyebrow:

Where'd you get those school bus seats anyway? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Neat looking draft horses.  Seeing the harness - do you work them in the fields?

Jerry

Hidehunter

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 07, 2011, 07:17:20 PM
I heard you say you were too fat for that walk.  :laf: You coulda tied that extra log around your waist and pulled er up there for a lil workout. :eyebrow:

Where'd you get those school bus seats anyway? :laf:

I do good just to make it up the hills alone lol.  I got the school bus seats out of a school bus  :confused:  :laf:

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 07, 2011, 07:18:48 PM
do you work them in the fields?

We logged with them one year and let me tell ya, that was alot of work.  We dont work them in the fields though.  I wish we did sometimes though.  If we did the horses wouldnt be so soft.  Gonna go hitch them tomorrow to.  That harness isnt our good one.  It actually is a little small for this team.  It was just the one we had on hand that day.  I wouldnt use this harness if I was asking the horses to pull a heavy load or it would make them sore.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hidehunter on November 07, 2011, 08:22:59 PM
I got the school bus seats out of a school bus  :confused:  :laf:

:laf: :laf: Ok, that makes sense.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com