• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Full Body Coyote mount ideas

Started by Hidehunter, November 27, 2011, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Well I had some luck on my hunting trip when we took the horses in the Backcountry.  Got an 8pt and called in this coyote to 10 yards on my last day there.  She had a beautiful coat and I havent mounted one so I thought about getting a full body mount.  I have a good friend who is a taxidermist and he said to go to McKenzie's website and pick what I wanted.  I cant tell from the pics they have on the website.  If any of you have some mounted, throw some pics up here or give me some ideas.

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I cant believe that McKenzie doesnt have any pics of the forms on the site. How lame is that?

Go over to VanDykes and pick one out. They got pics and they offer them from several different artists also.
When you find one you like, go back over to Mckenzie and get the one with the same name, if your taxidermists wants a McKenzie.

Actually I believe McKenzie and VanDykes are all owned by the same company now.

Here's a link to VanDykes Coyote full mount forms.
http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/Coyote-C1043.aspx
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

They have some pics of the forms but I cant really tell much about them.  Id like to see the finished job.  I'll check out your link.  Thanks a bunch.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Ask me what you want to know about them. Or do you mean your looking for a finished view of each?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

I had one mounted sitting with its mouth open like it was howling after afew years i gave it away it took up to much room and the wife put it in the basement when i get my bobcat it will be mounted like a bear rug so i can hang it on the wall.

SCcoyotehunter

A good snarling pose would be cool or a howling pose. Maybe something with a prey in its mouth would be really cool.
SCCH

Hidehunter

Thinking of something along this line...

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I do like that one also, in a good setting though. Otherwise they can look like some pooch posing for a dog show. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

I thought of either making a base with a log and a stump to rest his foot on.  I also thought of a river bank setting with some river rocks and having a big rock for him to elevate his foot on.  What you think?
Denver                                           

George Ackley

hidehunter i have that same mount and love it

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

FinsnFur

If you can get some fake logs so they are a little lighter and bug free. I think a pair of logs would be really authentic looking.
One laying flat in the brush, and then the other kinda crossways propped on top of the other, so it looks like a couple downed trees. :wink:
I've never seen or heard of too many coyotes climbing around on rocks. They want the thick timber. The cats and fox hang out on the rocks.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

That mount looks great George.  Thanks for posting the pic so I could see the real deal.

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 07, 2011, 05:00:13 PM
I've never seen or heard of too many coyotes climbing around on rocks. They want the thick timber. The cats and fox hang out on the rocks.

The rocks would just be alot easier to come up with is what I was thinking.  The fake logs would be great.  Wonder how pricey they would be...
Denver                                           

George Ackley

that coyote was called in for the owner of TLM game calles and was shot by me right off a large rock it posted up on to take a look see.

good lokking coyote you got there hide hunter i wish you the best with your mount

Teamroper

Here's one I had done two years ago.

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

code

How much does a full body coyote mount cost? :shrug: :shrug:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Teamroper

Mine was $300 but I know they can go up to $700 real easy.
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

Frogman

A friend of mine has a coyote mount with the dogs back arched it's head low near the ground looking up with a vicious snarl on it's mouth!  The hair on it's mane is standing up.  It is an awesome mount, but I didn't see any forms there that looked like it??  If I ever get one mounted, that's what I want it to look like!!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hidehunter

I have seen those mounts myself frogman.  I have seen them with a trap around the yotes foot to make it look like a trapping scene.

Quote from: code on January 23, 2012, 01:52:24 PM
How much does a full body coyote mount cost? :shrug: :shrug:

Mine is costing me a 37lb thrust motorguide trolling motor and $200 lol.  My buddy is a taxidermists and I gave him the trolling motor this summer and told him we would work it out on a mount.  I think generally he does a full body mount sumwhere between $450-$500.

Thats a beautiful mount Teamroper
Denver                                           

George Ackley

good to hear your getting it done.
your getting a great deal considering the manikin for that mount life size it around 100 + for him to buy
then you have the eyes,clay, tanning  and time. have know doubt he is taken care of yea

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset