• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Permits are submitted!

Started by Todd Rahm, December 01, 2011, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well I put me and Wyatt in for 8 party permits today!!! 3 Bou, 3 Moose and 2 Buffalo. Now to keep my fingers crossed we get something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :readthis:

Hawks Feather

I was an Elk but left my membership lapse.  The Moose club here is not very active, so I don't go there.  As for the Bou and Buffalo clubs, they must be limited to states outside Ohio.

Jerry    :innocentwhistle:

Todd Rahm

Jerry I wasn't thinking when I applied for the buffalo! Party permit means if one gets drawn you both get permits for that animal, and what the heck would I do with two buffalo?  :doh2:

Hawks Feather

Yea, I thought a little more about it and decided you were planning a party at Buffalo Wild Wings!

Jerry   :wink:

Coulter

Um...freeze it real good and send it to PA - I love buffalo, and moose, and heck even bou!! Good luck, hope ya get drawn.

FinsnFur

Wyatt standing over a Caribou would make a nice photo. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yeah, even a moose or Buffalo too. I'm sure gona try to get him something this year. Its really his first big year!!!

If we get any, he'll be first shooter (He doesn't know this yet). I picked up a older Winchester 30-06 for him about 10 years ago in anticipation for this day. We'll get it scoped up and have him shooting all summer so he's ready when the time comes.  :biggrin:

coyote101

Good luck with the draw Todd. Just a question, aren't caribou and moose included on an Alaskan resident hunting license? What is the draw for?  :confused:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

They have several ways to go. The draws are generally in good road accessable areas to a degree, and there are areas I can get both moose or caribou with a harvest or registration. Also theres a bou subsistant kind of hunt that really limits you but is almost guaranteed.

Buffalo's a draw permit only.

Most of the permits I put in for on moose, are cow permits that are close to the house.

Outside of that, even if I have permit, I can choose to go the legal sized bull route in any legal area.

Lots of options, permits increase the chances.  :biggrin:

coyote101

Quote from: Todd Rahm on December 03, 2011, 07:22:03 PM
Most of the permits I put in for on moose, are cow permits that are close to the house.

Lots of options, permits increase the chances.  :biggrin:

Thanks Todd, that explains it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing