• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Help guessing the weight of my last coyote...

Started by Hidehunter, December 04, 2011, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I already sent her to the taxidermists so I cant weigh her.  My buddy was asking how much she weighed and I was trying to guess.  I know its hard to tell from a pic but I was guessing around 40 lbs.  I am 6'4" and 245 lbs.  What do you guys think?

Denver                                           

coyotehunter_1

Nice sized coyote, marked up pretty well, winter coat looks good and thick too. Without a good scale it's just a WAG (could go near 40 pounds) but I would estimate some where around 30-32.   :shrug:

A trophy in anyone's book!  :wink:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Okanagan

When I was handling livestock feed in 25, 50 and 100 lb. sacks every day, I was good at estimating weight of things I picked up.  Not so much anymore.  I'd trust your guess from lifting it much more than mine eyeballing a photo.  It looks slightly smaller than a 35 lb. one I weighed awhile back, but photos are so inexact that I would not put money on the guess!  Big chest on that one.

HaMeR

I don't know either. It does have a big chest. Real slim waist after that tho. The white tip on the tail is way cool too. Very nice coyote. Congratulations!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

George Ackley

hidehunter i would think your about right with the 40 lb
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

vvarmitr

:holdon: I thought it was a red fox being held by a kid when I saw your avatar on other threads.  :alscalls:  Well the white tip on the tail lead me to believe that way.  :doh2:
BTW - like your camo.

As for the weight - it's 16oz to the lb.  :wink:

Carolina Coyote

I was wondering what the Deer weight at Your foot ? cc  :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

My guess would be close to 40. But hey, it's your story. It can weigh whatever you want it to weigh. :biggrin:

Hidehunter

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on December 05, 2011, 03:56:02 PM
I was wondering what the Deer weight at Your foot ? cc  :laf:

He definatly weighs less than what he did cause we have already fried up some backstraps lol

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 05, 2011, 09:22:49 AM
BTW - like your camo.

Thanks,  I souped it up with some of my wifes Fall decorations.  It blends in great.  Needless to say she wasnt as thrilled as I was with it when she came home  :shrug:

Quote from: weedwalker on December 05, 2011, 06:05:59 PM
My guess would be close to 40. But hey, it's your story. It can weigh whatever you want it to weigh. :biggrin:

:wo: hmmmm, never thought about that.  I meant to type the topic as "Busted me a 48lb coyote"  lol
Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

Must have been a National Geographic morning to get a Trophy Coyote and and a nice Buck, I'm sure there is a good story behind this? cc  :shrug:

Hidehunter

The buck was actually taken the day before.  We take our horses into the backcountry of Cranberry and hunt.  I found the coyote sign when we were getting the buck out of the woods.  Found me a good spot to set up and went back the next day to call.  I got her within 20 minutes.  There was another one with her but I couldnt pull off a double.  I have never got a double actually.  i take my hand calls with me every year and spend one day coyote hunting.

Anyway, moral of the story is I didnt have a camera in the backcountry so I had my wife take a couple pics when I got home.  I did have a video camera and made a movie of our trip up there.  Was gonna post it but it was to long for youtube.  I thought about splitting it in half and having a part 1 and part 2 and uplaoding it.
Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

Sounds like a good hunting trip, good to have a place where you can get away from the porch sitters and just enjoy nature. cc  :congrats:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hidehunter on December 06, 2011, 08:10:16 AM
I did have a video camera and made a movie of our trip up there.  Was gonna post it but it was to long for youtube.  I thought about splitting it in half and having a part 1 and part 2 and uplaoding it.

:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: Lets do this! :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

OK OK I wasnt home today like I thought I was gona be.  I will post it though.  Gotta work all day tomorrow.  I'l have to reedit it to split it in half.  May take a little while, I dont know.
Denver