• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyote Before The Rain

Started by weedwalker, December 22, 2011, 04:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

The rain was gonna hold off till noon, so me and a friend of mine stepped out for a few stands this morning. The first 4 stands were dry. On the 5th stand, this big heavy male came in to some very high pitched distress on the green Lil-Dog. At 50 yards I popped him with the .22-250. He still ran another 100 yards with his lungs hanging out of the softball sized hole on his right side before he finally gave it up.

cityslicker

HuntnCarve

The "Coyote Magnet" strikes again!  :laf:  Way to go Ed!  That's a nice looking coyote. :congrats:

Dave

slagmaker

Way to go Ed!!

Looks like  you shot that one in the foot. Was that to slow him down?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

weedwalker

No Bear, didn't shoot him in the foot. :nono: He had a giant hole on the other side with parts hanging out and blood everywhere. I soulda took a pic of that side too. :biggrin:

coyote101

Way to go Ed.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on another one.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyotehunter_1

:bowingsmilie: NICE!!! :congrats: Ed

It looks like your Ky coyotes are living good... except for the ones that are sporting a giant hole in their side.

22-250, no scatter gun today?   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

weedwalker

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on December 22, 2011, 06:14:55 PM
22-250, no scatter gun today?

Chet, I was planning on taking the new guy over to Redbird on the big coal strip jobs. That's why I had the rifle instead. But after I left home, I found out elk season was still in till tomorrow over there and we would be required to wear orange vest & hats, which we didn't have. So we went to a local WMA here close to home were orange was not needed. A shotgun would've done the job on this one. I shot him at 50 yards but he was coming in. I could've let him get closer.

KySongDog

Congrats, Ed!!   Nice one!    :yoyo:

HaMeR

Cool deal Ed!! Congratulations on a fine coyote!!!!!!!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI could've let him get closer.

Ed, knowing you I have absolutely no doubt but getting splattered with coyote blood and guts ain't much fun. :puke: :biggrin:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

riverboss

Nisce job Ed it sounds like that Savage wore him out. Thats a great Christmas present you got your self now go get another. :yoyo:

iahntr

Scott

Dave

He is a nice looking coyote!  Congrats.

FinsnFur

Nice and healthy looking too. Nice job guys :congrats:

I love it when there plantation hangs out the side window as they run away. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

jdbp

Okanagan

Weedwalker, you are flat out good at fooling those southeastern coyotes!  Pretty coat on that one.

Yotehntr

Good job Ed!  the 22-250's aren't real "hide friendly" are they! lol
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

possumal

Nice male, Big Ed.  He ought to make some nice coyote stew for ya.   I can load you some shells for that 22-250 that will put them down for the count DRT, but you won't be blowing their lungs out the other side.  :biggrin:  I hope you showed him to old Max to get his reaction.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff