• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Appetizer!!

Started by JDMiller, December 30, 2011, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMiller

Dont post too often..... but still do my share of lurkin & keeping up with the site.  So.....even though a few of the guys here already saw this posted on another sight......thought I'd give you fellers heading to LBL in February something to look at.

Killed this yote in LBL last Monday(12-26-11) evening. 

First time for me to yote hunt this fall / winter....and was on my second set-up.

To try to make a long story short ..... had been running some calls(e-caller) more or less as an attempt for a bobcat. I was about ready to get up & head for the house when a group of yotes a few ridges over sounded off. I responded back with some female challenge barks....they responded back pretty fired up....but did'nt seem to be closing any distance. I switched to a ki-yi ....then on to some pup distress.....which needless to say did the trick.

They came in on me from behind and all I could do was sit tight and hope I did'nt get busted. The first two passed by heading to my call which was about 40 yds in front of me....which I managed to take the lead dog(male) when he locked up looking at my decoy still running. The other one took off at the shot....just no way to get on that yote with the trees & brush. Even at that...there were even a few(2-3) more yotes still behind me. Really dont know how many in the flock ....just know I had yotes running everywhere.

I consider myself still on a learning curve yote hunting even after taking several over the years. Never really experienced this situation though... pretty wild where I was sittin. Gotta love it.  :eyebrownod:

possumal

Mighty fine, J.D..  Good story, nice coyote, good pictures.  Shoot me an email at songdogal57@yahoo.com and I'll share an idea with you about the Jack Attack presentation that might add to your arsenal a bit.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Great story, JD.   :congrats:   Getting over run by coyotes has got to be an exciting experience.    ;yes;

LBLDOG

Good Job JD, Haven't been yet to Lbl. I did one stand before dark last Friday in the county NO takers though. JD not to far from your house lol

FinsnFur

Sweetnessssssss!
Actually were all still learning JD. :wink:
No matter what anyone tells you, they are still learning too. There's no one out there that knows everything there is to know about coyotes no matter how much beer they drink. :yoyo:

You did something right. Being surrounded by coyotes is something that not a lot of people have experienced. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Speaking of the LBL, what ever happended to Jimmie Viniyard? Anyone ever hear from him?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

He pops in now and then. He usually starts coming around more often closer to LBL time.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Jimmie is alive and well.  He is just not posting on FnF for some reason.   :shrug: