• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New Ruger Rifle For 2012

Started by FOsteology, January 03, 2012, 01:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Hawks Feather

Looks like Ruger us using the Savage Accu-Trigger on that.  Definitely is not going to be a collector grade firearm, but might be O.K. for a hunter model.

Jerry

P.S.  Hey Fos, when did you grow that beard.  Pretty kewl!  (Not cool, but kewl)

FOsteology

Interesting enough, the father of a young lady that works for us has a striking resemblance to that old codger in the video. Although, his beard isn't quite as kewl.  :biggrin:

Next time he drops by I need to see if I can get a quick unobtrusive snap shot.

possumal

Looks like a very practical rifle, good for the guy who wants to hunt and not look at a shiny stock.  I like the position of the safety, the way the bolt works, and the rotary magazine.  If it is like most Rugers, it will shoot too.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FOsteology

Considering it was obviously designed for the WalMart market, I'd say it will prove to be a financial success for Ruger. Just rather sad to see where the market is heading....

Speaking for myself, if my budget was limited to around $400 for a rifle, I could and would most assuredly do much better. No shortage of quality, gently used Remington 700's, Model 70 PF, and Ruger M77's for the same price point.

KySongDog

Looks like a winner for Ruger to me.   The man in the video says the worst group it shot was 1 inch.  What's not to like about that?   Contrary to popular belief it is not necessary to drop a wheel barrow full of cash to get an accurate hunting rifle.  Savage does it every day so why not Ruger.

FinsnFur

I'm partial to anything Ruger so I naturally like it.
I dont care for the plastic stocks, but I really like that clip, and especially the bolt. I think I'd by one in a heartbeat and the set it down in a Boyds thumbhole stock like I did my stainless M77.
I dont buy guns for the stocks on them, they're just to easily replaced.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Never was much into collector firearms. Would rather have something that I dont mind banging around a bit. This might just fit the bill for that.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

I don't care much for the plastic stuff myself... I have a few but would rather have a nice piece of walnut any day.... a bit on the prowl right now, possibly thinking Kimber.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Todd Rahm

They are all tools anyway.  :biggrin:

Brad, I was eyeing a couple of kimbers and a cooper recently. I just gotta figure how to drop that much cash with out the wife noticing?  :confused:

Yotehntr

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 04, 2012, 12:32:40 AM
They are all tools anyway.  :biggrin:

Brad, I was eyeing a couple of kimbers and a cooper recently. I just gotta figure how to drop that much cash with out the wife noticing?  :confused:

:nofgr:  I don't put in writing any of my secrets.   :laf:

vvarmitr

That ain't much different than my ole Coyote Disaster Master. :noway:
Browning A bolt Composite Stalker.
About the only real difference is the clip. Mine is attached to the floor plate so you don't lose it if the plate gets accidentally opened & it isn't rotary.
I love my CDM so iffen one you guys get it you'd probably love it too.  :wink:

FOsteology

A trip to the gun store these days is like a walk through the Tupperware section, or someplace you go to deposit old tire rims and hubcaps.

I bet they sell a boat load of them ...... However, I simply don't see what all the excitement is about.  :confused:

A good gently used rifle offers a tremendous value compared to something like a NEW Remington 710,720,770, Mossberg 100's, Stevens 200, and now the Ruger American. I'll take a quality used Remington 700, Model 70 PF, Ruger M77, etc. for the same $$ over the "got to have something new mentality" everytime.

My

YMMV

FOsteology

Brad and Todd,

I'm a huge fan of Kimber 84M and 84L Classic Select and Montana rifles. Light done RIGHT!

I currently have 8 Kimbers in the stable (.375 H&H on down to .22LR) I found the easiest way to afford (and keep Mama happy) was to sell off a couple other rifles in order to make room and raise funds.

HaMeR

Jewelry Todd!! JEW ELL REE!!!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Then tell her Brad is letting you borrow his "for a while".  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

We've had 2 plastic stocks here & both have been replaced. I like the Walnut & the Laminated stocks both but I wouldn't mind one of those Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Shadows in 243 tho. I like the feel of that stock for hunting in colder weather with gloves on.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  The one I'm drooling over right now is the 84M select grade... only thing "slowing my hand" is another venture I'm wanting to try my hand at..  :innocentwhistle: